Published 17 months ago by Mr. M. D. Epstein

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that helpful
It is not that helpful,they could add more practice test. I will not recommend this book for anyone, i regreat .........
Published 12 months ago by Dr Mohammed Sohel Mazumder

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful IELTs reading book - for classroom use and self-study, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Get Ready for IELTS - Reading: IELTS 4+ (A2+) (Collins English for IELTS) (Paperback)
At the University of Manchester Language Centre, one of our core functions is to prepare our students for the IELTS exam. Using 'Get Ready for IELTS Reading', I can see that the author Els Van Geyte, is an experienced IELTS tutor. She has clearly brought all her knowledge and experience as an IELTS teacher to this rather clever little book. The book is very well laid out. It's useful in the classroom as part of an IELTS preparation course and as a self-study book for students to use at home; something my students are always asking me for. But this is not the best part, I'm coming to that.

The book covers a good range of IELTS topics providing students with a thorough grounding in the vocabulary needed for the exam. It also intelligently takes the reader through language and skills development, gives them exam practice and then has useful little checklists for the reader to see what they've achieved and what areas still need work. But none of these features are the best bit of this little book.

The best bit of this smart book are the little boxes dotted throughout, titled 'exam information' and 'exam tip'. I can see the author is also an IELTS teacher of many years' experience as these boxes contain all the advice I, as a university tutor, give my class. All IELTS classes are made up of two parts: practice exercises (which you can find in any IELTS book), and advice from the teacher. It is the amount and quality of this advice that sets 'Get Ready for IELTS Reading' apart from other IELTS books I've seen.

As a language teacher myself, this is rather worrying! I hope you won't just buy this book but will also still come to my classes at Manchester University and get the same IELTS advice from a real live teacher.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that helpful, 2 Sep 2013

Get Ready for IELTS - Reading: IELTS 4+ (A2+) (Collins English for IELTS)