4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids!!
Wallowing in nostalgia, listened to all 3 CD's with my 11 yr old daughter, I think I liked it more than she did!!!
Published 9 months ago by martini104

3.0 out of 5 stars Paddington in Real Time
Published 8 months ago by Miss O Murphy

3.0 out of 5 stars Paddington in Real Time, 5 Nov 2013
Having recently started reading the first Paddington tales to my daughter we moved on to this title not realising that it was such a recent release with Paddington living in the present day environment, (referencing computers and travel cards!?!?). The first chapter was almost impossible to read aloud and she quickly lost track of the meaning behind the story, closely followed by myself. I have perused the second chapter alone and found it to be more readable, the story makes more sense and a small part of the 'Paddington' returns.... But I think we will be returning to the older titles and leaving the new fangled Paddington for another time. There is a distinct lack of charm in the newer version and certainly the stories, whilst being contextually correct, are much less appealing than those of the early years. The age old clueless Paddington with his withering stares, blundering ways and accidentally insightful remarks is best. We can live without being 'up to date' as long as we get a good old bedtime story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids!!, 28 Oct 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable Paddington, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Paddington Races Ahead (Paddington) (Paperback)
Paddington bear is a really adorable bear with his funny stories. I am a foreigner like him living in the UK and I sympathise with him a lot. However the Browns family generosity towards him sounds a bit odd for an English family, even for a wealthy investment banker like Mr Brown.

In this book the stories were in Paddington's favour as usual, trying to catch up with the modern life, mentioning Oyster card and computers,.... However not so appealing as previous books and a bit cheesy sometimes.
Nevertheless we love Paddington and pamper him anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but distinctly different from previous Paddington books, 15 Feb 2014
Another excellent paddington book that my kids love. ... A little odd that it's very 21st century unlike the others which are decidedly "last millennium", having a quaint but elegant turn of phrase. This book is strangely more direct. Good though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Throughout!, 21 Aug 2013
No wonder he has been voted the best children's character of all time! These little novels are ideal for children like my ten year old, she enjoys reading, and the quality of the writing with the joy of the stories has kept her attention constantly. Would highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars The anditote to modern life, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Paddington Races Ahead (Paddington) (Paperback)
My children love Paddington and so do I. In a world of worries and lost innocence Michael Bond and his creation help restore the balance. As with all the Paddington publications, perfect, peaceful bedtime reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars PADDINGTON RACES AHEAD., 12 Feb 2013
Ah good old Paddington, the quintessential British bear from deepest, darkest Peru, his (mis)adventures much loved by those both young and not so young alike.

Guaranteed to have you smiling if not quietly chuckling, Paddington Races Ahead, with its mention of the London Olympic Games and, my favourite, Paddington having a 'fishy pedicure' finds, finds the bear in some very unusual situations, many of them very much of the minute.

A great role model, Paddington is always so polite, so well mannered, something that I respect greatly in Bond's writing. It is not however simply the wonderful writing that draws me to the books but the sublime ink drawings that though no longer drawn by Peggy Fortnum but by R.W. Alley are still captivating.