Format: Hardcover|Change

on 14 May 2013
I have been following Katie's blog for a few years now, and was thrilled when she brought out her book. The photography is lovely but there are a few mistakes in the book. I made the Red Cabbage and Fennel salad, which was delicious, but there were no instructions on how to prepare the fennel (this is why I have given it 4 stars rather than 5). I tried to ascertain how to prepare it by looking at the photograph of the finished dish, but it was so soft focus that it was nearly impossible to tell. In the end, I shaved it with a mandoline. Also, the sauce for the Eight Hour Lamb was way too oily, and I wondered if that was a mistake as well. She uses a LOT of olive oil in her recipes. All in all however, it is a lovely book and I agree with the other reviewer who thought the the sections on Salads and Canapes was really wonderful. The chorizo salad was delicious. Glad I bought it.
on 29 June 2013
Great book. Beautiful to look through and although we have only tried 3 of the recipes - all with great results
on 27 August 2015
Interesting book,but I will probably only try about 30% of recipes.I am disapointed as the first book What Katie Ate is BRILLIANT and one of my favourite books.
on 22 February 2013
On my first flick through of this delicious looking book I was bowled over by the photography, but left a little flat by the recipes which seemed to echo many of the standard cookbooks I have on my shelves. It wasn't unitl I hit the chapter on salads and then the canape section that I started to look more closely. Both these chapters leap out with lovely ideas and fresh approaches. On closer inspection of the rest of the book, I found myself impressed by the twists on humble kitchen staples such as shepherds pie & lasagne, with many other straightforward ingredients given a lift with new flavour ideas - if these recipes work (and instinct tells me they will) this wll be a much used and appreciated book.
on 16 October 2015
One of my all time favourite cook books, stunning photographs, gorgeous recepie's.
The cherry sauce is a firm staple in our house with roast lamb :)
Have bought many copies for presents, everyone loves it!
Can't get enough of it!
on 24 June 2013
I've never felt moved to write a review on Amazon before but having bought this book based on the glowing reviews on here, I feel I must.

The other bad reviews major on the design/font but they fail to emphasise that the recipes are terrible.

The introduction can be summed up like this - failed graphic designer discovers talent for food photography and tinkers about in the kitchen. And it acts as a perfect review for the book. Once you get past the fact the the photography is stunning and start looking at the recipes, there's nothing to see here. She admits that she's come up with the recipes tinkering and tweaking, and it shows. They are over complicated, over tweaked and impractical. Whats worse is a basic lack of food knowledge. There's not one recipe I've read that I haven't thought, 'Well that's wrong' or 'Why is he doing that?'

Please, get Apples for Jam or something, this book is a joke.
on 14 April 2014
Lots of varied and interesting recipes. Good for easy to make dishes and also variations on a theme. Love the pulled-pork
on 7 January 2016
Amazing book!! Its quality is fantastic from all points!! I am so happy I bought it, it is such an inspiration!!
on 6 June 2015
Best cook book ever!! I have tried lots of the recipes and all have tasted great, would definitely recommend🍴
on 4 December 2013
This is a beautiful looking book but does not have a single exciting recipe in the whole book. Everything is just replicated from elsewhere with a pretty picture beside it. If the recipes were in a stylistically run of the mill cookbook it wouldn't get another glance let alone great reviews.

If you want to just look at lovely pictures of food then this is the book for you. If you want to actually cook delicious and exciting dishes then avoid. A true example of style over substance.