4.0 out of 5 stars lovely book
I have been following Katie's blog for a few years now, and was thrilled when she brought out her book. The photography is lovely but there are a few mistakes in the book. I made the Red Cabbage and Fennel salad, which was delicious, but there were no instructions on how to prepare the fennel (this is why I have given it 4 stars rather than 5). I tried to ascertain how to...
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
I have made a couple of recipes they were not mind blowing.
Published 5 months ago by snoozy

5.0 out of 5 stars I want what Katie's having, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: What Katie Ate: Recipes and Other Bits and Bobs (Hardcover)
I have followed Katie's fantastic food blog for a while know and this book has the same mix of wonderful recipes and Katie's own amazing photography. If flicking through this doesn't make you hungry, nothing will. Katie's style is food that is unfussy and straightforward to make, this is a book that you can turn to for inspiration everyday. I've tried a lot of the recipes, favourites have to include the blood orange and rosemary cakes and potato garlic gratin.
I think this is one of the best cookery books I've seen all year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of flavour, 12 April 2013
I love this book and its been put to a lot of use since I bought it in March. Even the recipes in the breakfast section work well for supper. She has a great blog too with more of her wonderful ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply delicious, 4 April 2013
perkster (cuckfield uk) - See all my reviews
The Easter Bunny graced me with this and I think she is going to be a pretty happy bunny by the time I've worked through these recipies. Lovely photography and some very natty twists on old favourites as well as some refreshingly new ideas. If you arent sure whether you will like this from the reviews I suggest checking out Katie's blog, it is the best advertisement for the book you can get.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG - WHAT A BOOK!!, 3 Jun 2014
This is a huge TOME, well worth buying and reading when you have quiet time.

For someone with eyesight problems, this might not be for you as some of the text is printed onto dark background photographs so you might struggle with it, but apart from that it's a stunner of a book - huge, weighty and wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book with delicious recipes, 11 Feb 2014
I love a recipe book that I can sit and read as well as cook from. This chef is a fantastic photographer too. I bought this as a gift, but sneakily tried out some recipes first. I'll definitely be buying one for myself. Makes a great coffee table book.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this cookbook, 28 Jan 2014
Not only is this an incredibly pretty book with fantastic photos but it also has amazing recipes. I've tried lots - the family favourite is the raspberry and chocolate meringue kisses. I've made this many times for parties and they always get an pooh! The potato garlic gratin is extremely rich but gorgeous. I've taken to occasionally doing this with slightly less cream (replaced by milk or water) for everyday meals but for a dinner party treat I still do the full cream version. The mocha chocolate mousse is to die for and the rhubarb frangipane tart is so easy but looks amazing. I cannot recommend this book enough and I can't wait for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 9 Nov 2013
This book is just stunning the photography is to die for. The recipes make you want to cook and bake them all. I would recommend this book and I keep telling people to buy it. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A work of art!, 10 Oct 2013
Il this book doesn't inspire you to cook, then nothing will! The photographs are stunning and the book is a joy to read for it's relaxed style and mouthwatering ideas. The recipes are modern and make the most of fresh and original ingredients, with many of those "why didn't I think of that?" combinations. They are easy to follow with useful tips. I love the fact that, unlike some cookery books that seem to assume we're all completely hopeless in the kitchen and don't know our mandolins from our mouli-graters, Katie writes in a friendly and unpatronizing way. I've already tried a number of the recipes and they work perfectly, although the portion sizes are sometimes perhaps over generous! The introduction and thank you sections give the clear impression that this book is written with a great deal of love and passion. I can't wait for book two!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 July 2013
Lovely book, well presented and nicely written with some good meal ideas. Would please those who enjoyed the accompanying blog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Dec 2014
Perfect!

What Katie Ate: Recipes and Other Bits and Bobs
What Katie Ate: Recipes and Other Bits and Bobs by Katie Quinn Davies (Hardcover - 28 Feb 2013)