4.0 out of 5 stars lovely book
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
I have made a couple of recipes they were not mind blowing.
Published 2 months ago by snoozy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 14 May 2013
This review is from: What Katie Ate: Recipes and Other Bits and Bobs (Hardcover)
I have been following Katie's blog for a few years now, and was thrilled when she brought out her book. The photography is lovely but there are a few mistakes in the book. I made the Red Cabbage and Fennel salad, which was delicious, but there were no instructions on how to prepare the fennel (this is why I have given it 4 stars rather than 5). I tried to ascertain how to prepare it by looking at the photograph of the finished dish, but it was so soft focus that it was nearly impossible to tell. In the end, I shaved it with a mandoline. Also, the sauce for the Eight Hour Lamb was way too oily, and I wondered if that was a mistake as well. She uses a LOT of olive oil in her recipes. All in all however, it is a lovely book and I agree with the other reviewer who thought the the sections on Salads and Canapes was really wonderful. The chorizo salad was delicious. Glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful read, 3 July 2013
C. Gill "CLARE" (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm not the most creative cook but I love good food and I love artistry in photography. This book combines both. The photographs are examples of very fine art and food delicious. So much so I am loathe to put this book with other cookbooks on my dresser so it's proudly displayed on my kitchen counter for all to see. I look forward to sharing the recipes over a glass of wine with my dinner guests. . It should be a collector's item in a few years from now. Wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 29 Jun 2013
Great book. Beautiful to look through and although we have only tried 3 of the recipes - all with great results

5.0 out of 5 stars What Katie Ate - Food stylist, 12 Jun 2013
Excellent product! The book looks great and was delivery fast. Her recipes are not from 'the other world' but the book looks divine for all interested in food and creative use of graphic art. Happy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars My absolute favourite cookbook of all time, 27 Aug 2014
2 things I enjoy most in the world are cooking and books. "What Katie Ate" became my absolute favourite experience of both. I bought it when it was only just released in Australia after following Katie's blog for years. I did not mind spending a small fortune on Australian price + delivery and it was 100% worth it. I have moved countries twice since then and this book is the first thing I pack every time.

Now I have confidently cooked though most of it and can assure you - it won't disappoint. The illustrations are beautiful and inspiring, the recipes easy to follow and have become ones I use to amaze my guests at dinner parties. I have never heard so many compliments to my cooking even though I've been at it for over 10 years. The book has become an absolutely irreplaceable tool in the kitchen.

In this book you will find ideas for delicious every day starters, mains and desserts as well as creative breakfasts, sauces, sides, canapes and drinks. If you follow the recipe the result will almost always look exactly as it is on the beautiful illustrations. If you are looking for a reason to fall in love with the food, start with Roast Chicken with Lemon Cream Gravy and you will never cook your sunday chicken any other way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 Aug 2013
Absolutely GREAT! This is a must for every kitchen – especially if you like super cool graphic design!! Can't wait to get more of this!! Go Katie go :)

5.0 out of 5 stars With at twist, 22 Feb 2013
On my first flick through of this delicious looking book I was bowled over by the photography, but left a little flat by the recipes which seemed to echo many of the standard cookbooks I have on my shelves. It wasn't unitl I hit the chapter on salads and then the canape section that I started to look more closely. Both these chapters leap out with lovely ideas and fresh approaches. On closer inspection of the rest of the book, I found myself impressed by the twists on humble kitchen staples such as shepherds pie & lasagne, with many other straightforward ingredients given a lift with new flavour ideas - if these recipes work (and instinct tells me they will) this wll be a much used and appreciated book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This woman can do no wrong!, 26 Jun 2013
What Katie Ate is brilliant! I have been a long time follower of her blog and find her stories and images of the dishes really well done in her book

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 30 Jun 2014
I have made a couple of recipes they were not mind blowing.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG - WHAT A BOOK!!, 3 Jun 2014
This is a huge TOME, well worth buying and reading when you have quiet time.

For someone with eyesight problems, this might not be for you as some of the text is printed onto dark background photographs so you might struggle with it, but apart from that it's a stunner of a book - huge, weighty and wonderful.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

What Katie Ate: Recipes and Other Bits and Bobs
What Katie Ate: Recipes and Other Bits and Bobs by Katie Quinn Davies (Hardcover - 28 Feb 2013)