on 3 July 2013
Clear layout, and gave a good outline of everything I was required to know about the course, especially the back was very useful in how to answer questions, however it was not detailed enough to get you those high grades. But for understanding the unit was perfect.
on 1 February 2013
Without this book I would literally be doomed for A2 Level History. Great use of colours and the layout if easy to read and understand. At last- a decent text book!
on 7 May 2013
Written by the examiner so exactly what you need as long as you take the matter seriously. Covers the entire syllabus for this unit.
on 23 April 2013
This revision book is really good. Has helped me alot and I would recommend it to anyone studying the xols war era. Perfect!
on 8 June 2013
My revision for A2 history consisted entirely of taking notes from this book, I like to think/hope it paid off
on 11 December 2012
This book will save your life. No seriously, it will. A little while ago I was walking in woods by my home, I had decided to bring my copy of "Student Support Materials for History - Edexcel A2 Unit 3 Option E2: A World Divided: Superpower Relations, 1944-90" because I thought to myself 'Why not revise in such good weather?' and so I did. There I was, in the woods revising when all of a sudden a bear jumped out of a bush. I know what you are thinking 'How can a bear Jump?', I assure you that this bear jumped. It seemed I had angered it by preparing for examinations, bears evidently do not take kindly to education. I decided to roll the book into a bat shape, before beating the bear with it. Fortunately, because this book is lined with steel, it made an effective club and I managed to fend the bear off long enough to make an escape. Despite severe lacerations, I made a speedy recovery. I will never forget that day, the day I defeated a bear with a copy of: "Student Support Materials for History - Edexcel A2 Unit 3 Option E2: A World Divided: Superpower Relations, 1944-90".

In short, this book makes an effect bludgeon when dealing with England's bears. Oh and it's good for book learnin' too.
on 11 December 2012
I too was attacked by wild animals. If it wasn't for "Student Support Materials for History - Edexcel A2 Unit 3 Option E2: A World Divided: Superpower Relations, 1944-90" I don't think I would be here to tell my story. Last night, a rabid Mole rat sprung from it's burrow as I was enjoying my midnight revision session in the park. At first I tried to run, but the Peruvian Mole rat can smell education from over 10 miles away so I had Little chance of escape. Just as I thought things couldn't get any worse, the small creature gave a hunting call, alerting it's furry comrades that it was about to make a kill. Before I knew it a horde of Peruvian Mole rats were thundering after me. Suddenly, I found myself trapped against the edge of a cliff. A deadly herd of rabid mole rats on one side, and a 700ft drop on the other. I had no choice but to jump. Thanks to the sturdy binding of "Student Support Materials for History - Edexcel A2 Unit 3 Option E2: A World Divided: Superpower Relations, 1944-90" I was able to use it as a rudimentary glider, bringing myself to a soft landing on the ground below. I have no doubt in my mind that if I had instead been revising from "Edexcel GCE History: A World Divided: Superpower Relations 1944-90" I certainly would have died that night.
on 3 January 2013
Quick delivery. Good price. Can't really say more than that. My son is pleased with it as he needed it for his A levels
on 25 April 2014
This is such a helpful guide for revision. All the info needed in an easy to read format. Concise and to the point, keep advising the other students it is well worth the money
on 25 July 2013
It would be a crime most Philistine and libelous to describe this tome as a 'textbook', this is no humble handy historical guide - nay, this is an artefact of genius.

As my peers have suggested, this book saves lives. Whereas my chums used it for defense against great beasts, for me this magnificent work served to shelter me from the harsh chill of the Himalayas. I nestled 'neath its embrace as the bitter winds swept all around. You might ask why I was in this position, why was I on the other side of the world with "Student Support Materials for History - Edexcel A2 Unit 3 Option E2: A World Divided: Superpower Relations, 1944-90" for my only protection?

Well, dear reader, I had ventured there to study in the mountaintop monastery of the great Dr. Mitchell that I might better understand the Cold War, and key areas such as the Sino-Soviet split, the arms race, Detente and the outbreak of the Cold War. It was as a result of His instruction that I was able to stride into the exam hall confident of victory.

To return to the tale, and to cut it somewhat short, this book serves as an excellent tent.
Sat here at my desk in the height of English summer I can think of nothing better to do than list 50 practical uses of this book, and so I shall:

1. Arctic survival tent
13. Replacement for a cat flap door
14. Wallpaper
15. Bathmat
16. Chopping board
17. Reflective surface for adjusting one's hair in without being confronted with one's full and hideous reflection.
18. Paperweight
19. Hamster bedding
20. Origami supplies
21. Holy text
22. Earrings (buy two)
23. Inspiration for tattoo designs (that front cover!)
24. Get it signed and be the envy of all your friends (I did!)
25. Bodyboard
26. Surfboard
27. Skateboard (attach wheels)
28. Mountainboard (attach wheels, find mountain)
29. Crowd surfing aid next time you're at a The Unusual Suspects gig
47. Fly swatting tool
48. Shower curtain for small shower
49. Modesty preserver when one has to wash all one's laundry at once
50. Study aid.

Furthermore, here are a series of three haikus to persuade you of this book's wonder:

"History textbook"
Nay - 8th wonder of the world
and a trusted friend.

Defence against bears
And all other wild creatures
A true life saver.

So very awesome,
Fun for all the family,
Total enthrallment.

Far more useful than anything Gaddis has to say on the matter:
"Marx knew little about penguins" (The Cold War)
...

Just buy this book.
Buy it and read it, and you will pass your exams.