1,227 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A definite slowing
I think I've benefitted from having re-read the first three books immediately prior to reading Feast. That meant I didn't feel the long wait so much between book 3 and 4. Also, I knew from having read reviews here that the story concentrated on events in and around King's Landing, and that the next book would pick up the other characters. Thus, forearmed (or...
Published on 24 Jun. 2012 by Graeme

1.0 out of 5 stars Epic disappointment
In the 1st three books the story careened along and the characters felt like old friends with lots of interesting new things to tell you about. Now we have the ancillary characters from the those books endlessly wondering and pondering repeating the same tropes over and over again for several hundred pages to seemingly no avail. Worse still most of these characters induce...
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 174 75 76123 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled! It's excellent!, 18 Mar. 2007
This book is a worthy installment in an ongoing series that knows no equal. It's is therefore strange to read so many one or two star reviews. Reviews of people who clearly lost the plot and instead are blaming George for having lost his.

If you have read this book, and by reading I mean absorbing everthing that is being said and explained, I can barely fathom that there are people telling us that there is no plot advancement. I can only assume that they must be people slow on the uptake or people who thought for five long years that Feast would be even more shocking than Storm of Swords. The former group I won't even comment on but to the latter I'd like to say that it is only logical that after a fought war there are things to be set straight, tasks to be handed out.

What is more is that this book serves as a base to finally introduce those other important factions i.e. Dorne, the Iron Islands, so oft hinted at in the previous books and to develop them into something more than just hearsay.

All in all this is an intelligent book that keeps the intelligent reader entertained and which leaves you with a taste for more. And trust me, more we shall have when A Dance With Dragons comes around

5.0 out of 5 stars A Feast worth the wait, 17 Oct. 2005
Having waited for 5 years for this book, i am pleased to say GRRM does not disappoint. Westeros is as dangerous a place as it has been, and we are made familiar with parts that before now we had only read about like Dorne and Oldtown, The scheming and plotting continues apace and while Martin is not as ruthless with his pruning knife as in previous books, he does not spare his characters, old favorites are absent and some other undergo remarkable changes and this tale is still far from a resolution.
How long before GRRM blesses us with another installment in this remarkable story is anyones guess, but this latest addition has only whetted my appetite for more, so i will now go to "The Song Of Ice And Fire" message board to pick over the bones of this "Feast"

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Nov. 2014
Definitely not the best one in the series but well worth reading all the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 July 2014
L. Jarvis (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Love these books, just wish he would write the one that was promised for 2014!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
second best bookseries ever written in the world, only beaten by wheel of time

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as the first 3 books but..., 20 May 2013
Mr. F. Reid "Frank Reid" (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews
Broadens the whole political landscape after books 1 to 3, introduces new characters and maintains the story line of the earlier books. It must be seen as part of the whole and as such I can only be amazed by Mr Martins ability to create such a rich and intricate world. There are some very unexpected turns in this one, and one waits to see when earlier threads are picked up again (cannot say a lot as it may spoil the plot for those earlier on in the saga).
Some have complained that certain characters are not featured in this book, keep reading!
Now about to start the last one, intriguing!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the wait, 23 Sept. 2008
Ms. G. Waite "Huge Fantasy Fan" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Well I have to say having been a huge fan of George R R Martin I couldn't wait for this book to be released. But it took that long that I had to re-read the previous books 3 times just to remember what happened, so when this book arrived and I was still left wanting in relation to half the characters I was not best pleased. I'm sure this could have all been forgiven however if the next book 'A Dance with Dragons had been released in fairly quick succession, but 18 months - 2 years later than the orginal release date, it appears to be no closer. My opinion of the author is taking a serious knocking despite how good his first 3 books were. Writers Block??????, please get a move on so we can find out the ending on the more interesting characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Game of Thrones - the story continues......, 11 Mar. 2015
Little Bren (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
Another excellent read from the Game Of Thrones series, by George R R Martin.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 4 Nov. 2014
Loved, loved the first three books but I have found this one getting tedious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Aug. 2014
omg I just love these books, don't want to spoil it but what a fantastic read

‹ Previous | 174 75 76123 | Next ›

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4) by George R. R. Martin (Hardcover - 24 Nov. 2011)
Used & New from: £122.99