1,145 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A definite slowing
I think I've benefitted from having re-read the first three books immediately prior to reading Feast. That meant I didn't feel the long wait so much between book 3 and 4. Also, I knew from having read reviews here that the story concentrated on events in and around King's Landing, and that the next book would pick up the other characters. Thus, forearmed (or...
Published on 24 Jun. 2012 by Graeme

2.0 out of 5 stars Get the man an editor
I'm afraid this was the point at which my desire to know what happens was overcome by my unwillingness to wade through any more of Martin's otiose and self-indulgent maunderings. Yes, an author needs to know far more about his or her imagined world than ever gets on the page, in order to lend substance and texture, but then you have to choose what actually matters. Martin...
Published 21 months ago by hjd

‹ Previous | 174 75 76115 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars love these books, 2 Mar. 2015
The more I read, the more addicted I get, love these books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
Watched the television series and had to read the book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Plod plod plod, 4 Jan. 2013
I started reading this as soon as i finished book 3. As with the other books in the series its very well written but fails to live up to the other books. My main problem with it is the pace. Its soooo sloooooow! and it doesnt really go anywhere. Half way through the book and i was nearly bored. I finished it only so i could read the next one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 16 Mar. 2012
The problem I found with a Feast for Crows is that nothing happens. I felt as if I would have gained just as much by reading the wiki page. I found myself skipping pages and pages of drivel. It seems like the author has been completely indulged by their editor; so much unnecessary and badly written paragraphs should have been trimmed away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, 30 Oct. 2011
I started reading the Song of Ice and Fire series in June after watching the tv series, I am currently reading the most recent book but so far Feast has been my favourite. It is involved and contains a lot of plot but I enjoyed it a lot. It helps that the characters focused on are some of my faves I think, such as Arya, Jaime and Samwell.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally well written and never less than engaging, 23 Jun. 2012
I'll preface this review by saying that I can't quite get my head around all the one and two star reviews.

Having read the book I found the characters to be engaging, the writing style to be exceptional and the plot to be nothing short of genius. Martin has woven a finely detailed tapestry with his Song of Ice and Fire series and A Feast For Crows is no different. The tatcical interplay and scheming is as exciting today as it was in the beginning.

Many have derided Martin's technique of splitting the events by geography rather than chronology, and site this as a major misstep for the literary maestro, but they tend to forget that this has been done many times before in popular fiction (Tolkien himself doing so in The Two Towers). Indeed, in my opinion, keeping us blinded to the fates of certain key characters only serves to whet my appetite to see what is going to happen next.

In some ways A Feast for Crows has a slower pace to the other three, but the realism in which Martin deals with the fallout from the Battle of Five kings is truly exceptional. The descriptiveness with which he paints Westeros is worthy of buying the book alone, and in general A Feast For Crows embellishes an already interesting fantasy landscape.

Whilst not as action packed as its predecessors, I cannot give such a wonderfully written book anything less than four stars.

Don't listen to the naysayers!

They are fools whose joy is already swiftly turning to ashes in their mouths.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Jan. 2015
AS ALWAYS BRILLIANT. TOP WRITING BY GEORGE R R MARTIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Dec. 2014
Amazing book and cheaply priced compared to the shop!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... of Thrones - what more can I say - love it!, 18 Jan. 2015
The Game of Thrones - what more can I say - love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars compelling, 2 July 2013
brilliant book though it deals with mostly what is happening in Kings Landing and Westeros, really glad with the current run on the Lannisters. wont say what so as not to be a spoilsport but excellent I read the whole book in 3 days could not put it down now looking forward to the final chapters 2 books to go.

‹ Previous | 174 75 76115 | Next ›

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4) by George R. R. Martin (Hardcover - 24 Nov. 2011)
Used & New from: £122.99