Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 January 2011
Having watched the Hills I wasn't really a fan of the show, however I was a fan of the straight talking and effortlessly stylish Lauren Conrad, who amongst us hasn't copied at least one thing she wore on that show? side braid anyone?

This book is full of basic but useful information on how to put together a decent wardrobe, being a little older than the target market for this book (I'm 29) I must admit I do have a lot of Lauren's 'basics' in my wardrobe already however it wouldn't be a fashion book if she didnt cover the basics first. She has also covered hair and make up incredibly useful in my opinion, just because you are a fashionista doesnt neccessarily mean you're also a an expert on everything else. There are also sections on packing for various trips, how to shop vintage, accessories and even what to wear for work the bugbear of many a modern woman.

Throughout the book there is a personal feel and Lauren expresses her opinion but always goes on to mention that different things work for different people, there is no judgemental tone in this book and Lauren as a 'normal girl next door' character is a good person to deliver the messages contained in it. The target market for this book will be split into girls with an interest in fashion like myself and girls with an interest in Lauren herself however if those girls read this book and ahere to some of Lauren's smart rules and I don't have to see young girls in the supermarket wearing PJ's well its a good investment!

Overall a good read, nothing groundbreaking but delivered with a good tone that made me want to carry on reading. Great photography which doesnt interrupt the text but just adds to the glossy classy feel of the book and for me a must in all fashion books a great cover!
on 2 October 2012
I have all the other Lauren Conrad books, they are my go to holiday reads. Had to stop my self reading it until I went on holiday which was hard, because I wanted to see where the story carries on. There are a few characters from the last series books, but the main leads from those are no longer in it. I would recommend reading the first three before getting into this one. It is just like watching a reality TV show really and sadly find myself gripped from chapter to chapter. This coming from someone who likes more adult fiction!It took me about five days of my holiday to read, and I was reading super slow in between sunbathing, normally probably could get through it in two nights! This isn't a book which will challenge anyone and you don't need to think when reading it but Lauren is a good writer you have to give her credit for that and when you think her target audience is under 20/ early 20's its not bad. I am slightly older but have been a fan of Lauren's since Laguna Beach when I was in my early twenties so sort of grown up with her!
on 15 December 2011
I bought this book, mainly because i love lauren conrad.
Started to read it and by the end of the day i had read it from cover to cover.

I loved the book, but was unsure how it woiuld help me out in my day to day life, until i had a very important interview which i didn't have a clue what to wear, so went back to the book, and found just what i needed, something smart but not too dressy..
I would defo recommeend this book to young women and girls.
on 15 October 2010
I was so excited when my copy of Lauren's new style book arrived this morning. And I haven't been able to put it down since!

It's everything I had hoped for. Loads of gorgeous pics of Lauren, really cool clothes and very handy hints and tips.

I'd recommend to anyone who likes Lauren or who admires her amazing style when they see her in magazines.

I'm going to be buying it for lots of friends this Christmas!!!
on 4 November 2010
Style was a great guide to building a wardrobe. A lot of people say that it isn't anything groundbreaking and it is fairly generic, which is true; however, I think the information presented in the book is very smart and basic. Trends cannot really be discussed as they are forever changing, but basics and classic styles are what she aimed for here and those never change. I think the book is well worth it in terms of learning how to tailor clothing, choose appropriate pieces and accessories. I don't think anyone would regret purchasing it...it is a very smart read and I thoroughly enjoyed it and will go back to it time and time again for reference.
on 5 June 2011
I'm a student deeply inspired and influenced by Fashion, the first thing that drew me to purchasing this book was the Author. I am a true fan of Lauren Conrad. I find her very inspiring and she doesn't fail to please me in this book.

This book states all the basic ways to have style in a fantastic layout, therefore it doesn't become boring. Also shows her own secrets on style. Also includes things you wouldn't expect like make-up, how to clean out your wardrobe, holidays.
I would recommend it to any fan of Lauren Conrad or Fashion. It's a book you could keep for years and it would still apply to fashion then, a brilliant buy.
on 28 June 2011
I bought this for a friend and she LOVED it! As I'm sure would any Hills/Conrad fans. Super sweet, schmalzy sprinkles of fashion advice and know-how, in the same ilk as Victoria Beckham's book and all the other celebrity 'my style' books out there. Totally harmless though, and Conrad does (as always) look gorgeous throughout, although the fact she reveals early on that all the photos were taken on one shoot where she just changed into a variety of outfits just about sums it up. Would've been nicer if more of her pap shots/real person pics were included. Totally manufactured, but nicely so.
on 29 January 2011
Despite being a big fan of Lauren Conrad i wasn't sure about buying this book but i'm glad i did. It has some great tips in but not just about clothes for hair and make up too. There's a section on building up your "basic wardrobe" which i thought was great. There are some loads of lovely photo's of Lauren which are great for outfit inspiration. Overall a great book with some good hints and tips, i'd deffinately reccommend it.
on 17 November 2010
As a fan of Lauren Conrad and after reading her novels, i thought i would invest in this book. I must say that it was helpful as a fashion lover myself i found myself agreeing with most of the things she was saying,
great points on clothes, make-up and hair.
Although some people expect too much from books such as these
they are a bit of fun purely to get idea's from.
There are lots of lovely pictures included too!
on 17 November 2013
This book saved my fashion sense. Not only did it inspire me to look at clothes in a whole new way. it showed me what every closet needs and how Lauren achieves her amazing look. I definately recommend this book to everyone who needs inspiration in the morning. It is so simply written and she teaches you the dos and donts of pairing things and how to make it as flaterring as possible for you!

Love it!!