5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh your head off
Published 5 months ago by Soffia

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't find it funny I found it very sad actually
WARNING:LOTS OF SPOILERS HERE.

Published 29 days ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh your head off, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Demon Dentist (Kindle Edition)
'Demon Dentist' is an amazingly fantastic book. The main plot is about a boy called Alfie and his friend Gabz, who try to defeat the tooth witch. She takes teeth but leaves things so horrible they are unmentionable... This novel is told in the third person. 'Demon Dentist' is funny, scary, and at the end a little sad. There are quite a log of made up words e.g. yankers. Read it if you dare! Oh yes, one more thing: BE PREPARED TO LAUGHT YOUR HEAD OFF!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired by Roald Dahl and it shows, 26 Sep 2013
Dr Phibes "Dr Phibes" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Demon Dentist (Kindle Edition)
Short little book featuring 12 year old Alfie who lives alone with, and is sole carer for his wheelchair confined Dad after his mother died in childbirth. Alfie loves his dad who affectionately calls him 'Pup'.

Alfie hasn't been to the dentist since he was six with the toothache. And I cant blame him considering the ancient dentist diagnosed a rotton tooth, tied dental floss around dental nurse Mrs Prigg waist, the other end on forceps attached to his poor tooth .. and then .. jump out of the window !

I liked the style, I liked the introduction to all the charactors at the start, inparticular Mr. Grey the timid headmaster ( I wondered what inspired this choice of name). And of course texting boy, the boy that 's always texting.

And I liked the warnings of made up words like ' yankers' the human chain trying to yank out the tooth. I loved the relationship with Alfie and his dad and there 'multi coloured world of make believe'.

Has a sinister Dentist the children have to call Mummy, and a curios chaptor 38 called 'Mummus going to eat you'. The book is written in a comical way and this does make the scary bits easier but I would not really recommend for younger children. 9+

5.0 out of 5 stars My class (and I) are addicted again!, 29 Sep 2013
E. Heckingbottom "elaineheck143" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Demon Dentist (Hardcover)
David Walliams has a real gift ... the ability to hook children into reading; even those who are self confessed reluctant readers! This book was published on Thursday. One child walked in reading it on her kindle; another couldn't wait to get home to read the copy that had arrived in the post. my copy was downloaded, ready for me to start reading at break time and at lunch. By Friday, half the class was addicted, and a 20 minute silent reading (SQUIRT) session was obligatory!

Thank you, David Walliams! Whilst his writing may not be great literature, I feel that any author who can make a group of children want to read can't be all bad ... and my class WANT to read this week!!! If only he were as prolific an author as Enid Blyton ... then my class would be permanently reading! LOL!

Highly recommended for children aged 8 to 12 with a wicked (and I mean wicked!) sense of humour!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughing from the beginning to end, 5 Oct 2013
OEJ & SKY - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Demon Dentist (Kindle Edition)
A twelve year old boy named Alfie hasn't been to the dentist for many years after a painful experience. When a new dentist comes along, Alfie discovers the secrets of this Demon Dentist.

This book will make you laugh in the first chapter.
But an event occurs towards the end of the book which might let a tear slip down your cheek but don't worry, David knows how to put a smile on your face after sad happenings.

So, why five stars? Because it is enjoyable for all ages, and can be read in a matter of hours.
Who would like this book? Those who love humourous books!

Everyone will love this book and all of the perfect illustrations to match.

4.0 out of 5 stars Demon Dentist, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Demon Dentist (Kindle Edition)
Demon Dentist iis a fantstic book. Walliams is amazing at nnarrating it, and makes the more scary bits,funny. Ive read all 6/6 of hiss books and is by far the best (especially if you like made up words!). Reccomended for 9+ as there is some scary content. Hope this review is a help :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Demon Dentist, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Demon Dentist (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. David Walliam's keeps a great link between the story throughout. Near the end it is sad but has a happy ending. I would recommend ages 9+. I am 11 going on 12. Very funny most of the time. Thoroughly enjoyed this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't find it funny I found it very sad actually, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Demon Dentist (Hardcover)
WARNING:LOTS OF SPOILERS HERE.

I'm sorry but if you think that a child having all his teeth pulled out by an evil dentist and having an elderly father who is confined to a wheelchair and who has a lung problem is something funny then I don't share this humour at all.Add to this the fact that the boy's mother is not with him and that Alfie and his Dad live in a house with no heating and who are poor , then you have a recipe for a very sad depressing read- and that is what this is.

I feel that this story is really badly told with so much of it given to silly meanderings and the part where Alfie tries to run away from Winnie and trips up the whole school is ridiculous and so irritating for example the stupid drama teacher who keeps saying impro.It grates on me.

A lot of the book is so dark for example the evil Miss Root flying and hiding in Alfie's room.And the part from the tunnel to the end of the book is so desperately sad and totally ludicrous. I mean how can a sick man with breathing difficulties who is in a wheelchair suddenly manoeuvre himself to driving a train and find his son just in the nick of time? And how many times does the evil skeleton keep coming back? And as if Winnie would be allowed to do what she does at the end.

There are some genuine funny moments as well I feel such as Winnie driving through the school on a moped (it's just the stupid whole school tripping up after that I found annoying) and when Winnie has cravings for chocolate and has some coffee ones and rushes out of the house. However most of this story is so dark and so sad that it left me feeling sad and I really didn't find it "jaw achingly funny" as advertised.

Plus the way Alfie's father calls Alfie "pup" is very disturbing and extremely irritating and quite sickening I feel. As if a loving father would speak to his young sensitive son like that.And why would Winnie start calling him"Pup" as well at the end? So badly thought out.

I feel that if Walliams writes another book then it should be vastly different from this one and should be full of laughs and include more believable characters and a more
believable story.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter LOVED It!, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Demon Dentist (Hardcover)
My 8 year old Daughter is a David Walliams fanatic and really enjoyed this book. She said it was fun, light-hearted with lots of comedy moments and every child should read it. I will make a book reviewer out of her, yet! Although, she is adamant that Ratburger is still her favourite. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars great value for money, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Demon Dentist (Hardcover)
Bought this for my 9 year old son, who has loved it and not been able to put it down. My 12 year old daughter also enjoyed this book and found it funny. Great read and a great present for kids. Would recommend this product to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gem from David Walliams!, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Demon Dentist (Kindle Edition)
My Mum and I loved this book. It was funny, sad, tense and freaky! We have read most of David Walliams books and we can't to read the next one! (Lily, age 8)

ARRAY(0xa548b9cc)

Demon Dentist
Demon Dentist by David Walliams (Hardcover - 26 Sep 2013)
6.00