5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous book!
Published on 15 Sep 2012 by lizzie

3.0 out of 5 stars The Chronicles of Downton Abbey
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:45 Mins
As a major fan of "Downton Abbey", I was excited when I saw this book on sale (I picked it up for about $5). Turns out I was a bit disappointed with it, and really I would not recommend picking it up unless you can get it at bargain price. To be fair, it's a nice keepsake that is fun to look through for fans of the show. But...
Published 24 days ago by JMM

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous book!, 15 Sep 2012
lizzie (north of north) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Chronicles of Downton Abbey (Official Series 3 TV tie-in) (Hardcover)
Another lovely book from Jessica Fellowes following the story of Downton Abbey. The photos are beautiful, the insights to the changing times of the early 1920's are well written and add to the characters portrayal we see on television. It's not deep, it's not a great mystery or thriller, it's just a great read if you are a fan of Downton. This is available as a Kindle edition as well, but the photos are such an important part of the book I think the real book is more useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book brings Downton Abbey almost real for me!, 15 Oct 2012
I have thoroughly enjoyed this book - the pictures and information about each character fill in the gaps that
I may have missed while watching the programme.I also like the " behind the scenes pictures" - for an avid
fan of Downton like me- this book completed the stories up to now. I recommend it to all fans of Downton!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Companion to the series., 28 Sep 2012
ACB(swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Having seen the original upstairs/downstairs series in the 70's, I had been somewhat sceptical of the Downton Abbey TV series. No longer. There is ample evidence of its virtues and popularity apart from my own perception but amongst other reviews of series 1&2. This is THE book that takes us through series 3, introducing and writing portraits that explain and expand the characters. Only two TV episodes so far aired, but the magical formula is still twinkling. Never afraid of progress, Julian Fellowes has a captive audience. Having this means my wife is not pestered with the 'who is that'? 'what's going on?' annoying remarks.

This book is lavishly illustrated and written as a complement and guide to the series 3. Never a give away in the plot, but what Jessica Fellowes and Matthew Sterges have done is to produce an in-depth and wonderful colourful in-depth portrayal of the characters in the series,following Cora's American connection bursting onto the scene. The plot sails on. The book is purely enchanting, preferably read in conjuction with the series but it is not a necessity, but if you have never heard of 'Downton' (incarcerated in the shed or head in the sand ostrich style, perhaps?), it is addictvely entertaining. A wonderful, professional book to accompany a wonderful professional series. If you are a fan of the series, the book enlivens the programme and is very much recommended. Thoroughly enjoyable. Another book to keep on the table for a thumb-through.
P.S. Since writing this, series 3 has been completed. I found the book even more valuable with the brilliant character changes and twists.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for the many fans, 15 Oct 2012
Being a huge fan of the series I ordered this as soon as I saw it was available .... It is a classy book , great colour photos of the actors and scenes from the series . A real quality product at a competative price from Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 3 Oct 2012
This book is lovely. The photos are nice to look at and the written part of it is nice to read.
I've watched Downton since it started and it's lovely to have a book like this to go along with such a popular series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Downton Abby, 15 Nov 2012
My family and I enjoy this product very much, it far out strips any thing on TV
in recent times in our view. I recomend it to everybody who loves the old English
way of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great., 31 Oct 2012
Bought for gifts. Just had a quick browse,photographs fabulous.A great memory for this wonderful series. What shall we do when it ends!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Downton brought to life, 29 Oct 2012
the cat lady (fleetwood lancashire) - See all my reviews
I now have both of the Downton books and they are excellent. I particularly enjoy how they relate the reader to actual real life people and events. It is an interesting read I am thoroughly enjoying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 9 Dec 2012
Bought this for a friend and they were thrilled with it. Beautifully presented book and full of interesting facts about the series

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 17 Nov 2012
I actually bought this as a Christmas gift but when I flicked through it I had to read it through. I loved the series and the book is just as good. My aunt will love it!!

The Chronicles of Downton Abbey (Official Series 3 TV tie-in)
The Chronicles of Downton Abbey (Official Series 3 TV tie-in) by Matthew Sturgis (Hardcover - 13 Sep 2012)
Used & New from: £0.01