5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book
Published on 30 Nov 2002 by Steph Dommett

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I wanted
Not what I thought I was receiving. I'm looking for the recording which has the Vivaldi music not the more tinny style music which is used here and not as therapeutic as the original I hoped I was receiving.
Published 24 days ago by F Abbey

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 30 Nov 2002
These books were an important part of my childhood and I've just bought this edition for my son of 3 months... I couldn't wait until he was any older because I was desperate to get back into the warm and cosy world of Brambly Hedge again. The illustrations are just perfect, you can spend hours just looking at one picture, often finding some small detail that you haven't noticed before. The stories are wonderful and deal with situations that interest even the youngest children such as a surprise birthday party, an adventure into the night, and hiding under a table piled high with food at an icy winter party! My mother read these stories to me and I'm really looking forward to be doing the same for my son.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Timeless Classic, 19 Dec 2000
Claire Cottrill "Clairei" (Channel Islands, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I first read these books when I was a child, 20 years ago, and I still enjoy them now! The pictures are a sheer joy - every time you look at them you see something new, the detail in them is amazing. The tales are delightful, original and charming - as for the characters... they're just adorable! As children's books go, Brambly Hedge is in a league of its own. WELL worth buying, these are stories you'll want to keep forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, timeless, 9 Mar 2010
P. Lomax - See all my reviews
Perhaps I'm borrowing words from previous reviews, but really those are two extremely apt words to describe this book. Not only are the stories perfect for reading to children, but the illustrations are superb - I'm not ashamed to say I enjoy flicking through them for my own benefit as well! I'll definitely be keeping this to pass onto grandchildren and I'm sure they'll enjoy it just as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal chistening/naming ceremony gift, 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Complete Brambly Hedge (Brambly Hedge) (Hardcover)
memories of reading the stories to my daughter 20 odd years ago prompted me to buy this as a christening gift. my daughers copy was a Christening gift 26 years ago, it is such a lovely book,

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical stories and illustrations, 10 Aug 2009
C. Hopwood (Newbury, UK) - See all my reviews
If you want a book that combines old-fashioned Childrens' story telling with delightful illustrations, this is it. My two year old loves it.

Jill, why did you stop? Please come out of retirement and give us more!

5.0 out of 5 stars My aim in life..., 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Complete Brambly Hedge (Brambly Hedge) (Hardcover)
I was so glad when I found this complete collection, and just had to buy it. I have at least 4 or 5 of the books included in here from when I was small, but they are rather sticky and well-read having enjoyed them so much at the time. The stories are lovely, and the pictures are just incredible! Every time you look at the detail in each image you can see something new. I love the simple life that the Brambly Hedge mice lead, with their joy of fine food, comfortable nests, and good company- something for me to aspire to in life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete Brambly Hedge, 3 Mar 2013
I. Herald (Cincinnati, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Brambly Hedge (Brambly Hedge) (Hardcover)
I just recently found Jill Barklem's stories and was thrilled to find all of them in one book. The illustrations are marvelous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely illustrations, 12 July 2012
This review is from: The Complete Brambly Hedge (Brambly Hedge) (Hardcover)
A simply gorgeous book. I love looking at the detailed illustrations and feel inspired to copy them myself! My four year old who was the one I bougt the book for also seems to like the book although maybe not as much as I do! But I'm sure she'll become more interested in a few months. Very glad I bought this lovely book which will be treasured for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to move there, 8 Nov 2011
Mrs. Katharine Kirby "Kate" (HELSTON, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Complete Brambly Hedge (Brambly Hedge) (Hardcover)
Seeing a set of china plate with charming pictures from the Jill Barklem books set me to remembering Brambly Hedge, from the 1980's. We had the four separate seasonal books in a hard case then, but now they are a little tired and faded.

I resolved to introduce my grandchildren to these delightful tales. Finding them here in such a generous format, yet so reasonably priced, was a happy surprise. The whole set are here: Spring Story, Summer Story, Autumn Story, Winter Story, The Secret Staircase, The High Hills, Sea Story and Poppy's Babies. Wow. All in one volume!

So this Harper Collins Children's Books, hardback, complete, collection is quite breathtaking. The glossy dust jacket protects the illustrated board covers. The end papers are a cerulean, robin's egg blue. The quality of the art reproduction is pin sharp, the paintings are so minutely detailed; deserving and receiving the brightest, cleanest of print. For the adult reading to the child, pleasure will repay the effort and keep you going on much longer than perhaps you intended. This was always the joy of the Beatrix Potter books of course.

The language used in the stories is charming and accessible, thoughtful and kind. I am trying to avoid the use of the word 'sweet', but here it does truly suit. Nature notes are gently imparted. I think the book will inspire children to look more closely at the garden, park and countryside; when they are out walking they can seek out Brambly Hedges for themselves, then dream up their own little tales and draw their own little mouse worlds.

The two page Introduction to the 248 glossy pages was fascinating. Wonderful to learn more about the author/illustrator and how she set about bringing the Hedge to life for us. She sums up the experience when she says, "Creating the books is tremendous fun, but very hard work at the same time. This because I like to get everything right. Each flower must have the correct number of petals and be growing in the right place, at the right time. Everything the mice make or do must be possible for them, living where they do. After all, Brambly Hedge is real, and I am simply here to record it".

A lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
This review is from: The Complete Brambly Hedge (Brambly Hedge) (Hardcover)
Me and my daughter love this! Such beautiful tales and illustrations

The Complete Brambly Hedge (Brambly Hedge)
The Complete Brambly Hedge (Brambly Hedge) by Jill Barklem (Hardcover - 27 Oct 2011)
13.59