5.0 out of 5 stars Definately good news
Published 13 months ago by veejay

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice bible but arrived in a poor state
Pretty little bible though quite expensive. Comes in a hard cardboard cover and has a facing page to write a message to the recipient, gold edged pages and a ribbon bookmark. The pages are thin and the writing small but I expected that as its unavoidable in a compact bible.

However, the white cover of the box and the cover of the bible themselves were filthy...
Published 8 months ago by Stewie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately good news, 8 April 2014
I have not had a new Bible since I was a youngster many years ago, and I found that one difficult to understand, so hardly read it. I decided to treat myself this Easter to a bible I could read easily, so chose this one after reading reviews about the Good News Bible. I understand this is the most recent publication. I am thrilled with it and sorry I waited so long to buy a modern Bible. I would highly recommend this to all, from teenagers upwards. It has lovely simple sketches throughout, passages recommended for you to read when you need help, it is very easy to follow and just a nice size to handle as I didn't want a pocket sized one. Thank you for the speedy delivery too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good News Bible: (GNB) White Gift Compact edition, 31 May 2012
As a gift edition, the Bible came in a cardboard sleeve. The price was printed on the back of the sleeve and, therefore, could not be peeled off. This meant 'snowpaking' over the price or leaving it on. For a specific gift edition, this seems rather thoughtless of the publisher. This version has no illustrations as in many versions of the GNB. In other respects the volume is fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you would expect, 13 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Good News Bible (GNB): Black Compact Gift edition (Flexibound)
I bough this for my daughter's RE class but now that she has been given one by the school, I have inherited it. It looks really nice and compact, and the case keeps it from being damadged ehn not used, as the pages are ever so thin. Great purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a Bible but not for the visually afflicted, 14 Jun. 2013
A bible in a slip case small enough to fit in a pocket - exactly what I ordered but the print size would be difficult for anyone with less than 20/20 vision.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 16 Nov. 2012
Beautiful bible,just the right size to carry around and soft cover so easyier to hold.its lovely.good if ur looking for quite small bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truely 'Pocket' sized Bible., 11 Jan. 2014
I delight in comparing the various translations of the Bible. This is an excellent translation in a convient 'fit in your pocket' size

5.0 out of 5 stars best book in the world, 25 April 2014
Best book in the world. life changing through salvation in christ. You should definetly consider reading it. God bless you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern language version Bible, 19 April 2014
The Good News Bible is a good choice when asked to read the lesson on a Sunday as the language is easily understood.

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal gift for yourself, 19 Jun. 2013
beautiful feel to the cover that holds a small print bible which was ideal for me as i was replacing an old fashioned version. It is fantastic and i would highly recommend although be careful if you don't like -phone book small print. Great service and delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
I love this edition, particularly the explanatory notes (and the pictures!).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Good News Bible (GNB): Black Compact Gift edition
Good News Bible (GNB): Black Compact Gift edition by Bible English Today's English (Flexibound - 10 Nov. 2011)