2,863 Reviews
 (2,236)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and surprising
On my latest foray to buy some new fantasy, the till assistant suggested that I might like to try George R. R. Martin. I had seen his books before, but had never committed to reading them, but on this recommendation, I picked this book up for my summer holiday. Over 800 pages and less than 5 days later it was finished.

Although somewhat slow in starting, the...
Published on 23 Aug. 2006 by Steven Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars Incredible book, poor edition
As advertised, this is an incredibly good book - believe all the hype and purchase it immediately!

My one gripe is the format of the Kindle edition which is literally covered with typos e.g. 'Tf' for 'It', 'boh' for 'both' and quite frequently 'bum' or 'bumed' for 'burn' or 'burned'.

My suggestion, as this sort of poor quality production detracts...
Published on 30 May 2011 by Sebastian

‹ Previous | 1190 191 192287 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Have not seen the series, although the book has ..., 8 Sept. 2014
Have not seen the series, although the book has really caught my imagination - moved swiftly on to book 2
I intend to read them all, then get the box set - thats my autumn evenings sorted !

5.0 out of 5 stars In the beginning ... And then there was more, 1 Aug. 2014
Amazing ... Set me on the path to read and continually want more ... Can't wait for the newest book to be published in the UK and on kindle .... Come on George what are you keeping us waiting ???

5.0 out of 5 stars Best series I have ever read!, 17 Aug. 2013
Amazing series that makes such a realistic an strong impression of the world; the characters end up actually meaning something to you, and George R .R. Martin makes you fear for those characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 28 May 2012
Started reading this. It is amazing. Although it is a huge book it is very easy to read. It follows closely to the program and I can't wait to finish it, as it explains everything in more detail!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing piece of literature, 21 July 2014
after 15% of the book, I could not put it down. the language was at a level which is a revolution in literature. will be remembered for years to come. the story is beautifully intertwined/woven

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the show, 30 May 2012
So I got this after watching the tv show and its every bit as good. The characters and dialogue were well written and the story's interesting. Nowhere near as much sex and violence as the show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 1 Jun. 1998
By A Customer
An excellent read, I recommend it to anyone. Although I still feel Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time is superior, many others do not, and to each thier own, I recommend reading both these series:)

3.0 out of 5 stars Game of thrones, 19 Oct. 2012
In the same vane as others in this series. The very long series of eight books. A song of ice and fire. Was left with a lot of loos ends, the whole sequel of these eight books came to nothing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Depth - perhaps lacking a soul, 16 Dec. 2014
M. Needham "Mo Needham" (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
G M has created a world in detail. Fantastic and filled with real characters, love, violence and sex. Too much like a history book and less like an adventure. So many players, no one to love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought to replace, 5 Jan. 2013
This was bought to replace a book that I got half-way through before somebody "borrowed" and forgot to return it! Speedy service, I didn't have to go without my reading for too long.

‹ Previous | 1190 191 192287 | Next ›

A Game of Thrones (Reissue) (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)
A Game of Thrones (Reissue) (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) by George R. R. Martin (Paperback - 1 Sept. 2011)