Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 September 2015
I enjoyed these (though not a big fan of short stories) however i recommend if you want a complete picture of Robin Hobb's work, try Assassins Apprentice as Fitzchivalry's story is one of my most favourite series - of the many I have read.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 March 2013
absolutely brilliant as a fan of robin hobb i was delighted to received this book as gift and found both of her personas amazing I have since received several more of her alter egos books and they never fail to please me
on 19 November 2015
Good way to get to know both Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm. A collection of short stories most of which were very enjoyable particularly 'The Fifth Squashed Cat'. All a little off the wall but right up my street.
on 1 July 2013
Didn't know what to expect. Short stories at different constructs to a novel. Got quite a treat.

The real world stories were satisfying, but those set in the world of Buck and Bingtown were amazing.
on 29 May 2013
I like novels. I like to get into a story and ride with it. I am not a fan of short stories normally because they are usually just not meaty enough. These will satisfy all but the most inveterate carnivore.
on 27 July 2012
I have a fair collection of Robin Hobb publications and find that The Inheritance is nowhere near the quality of the Fool's,Assassins, Mad Ship and Dragon series of books. Some of the stories are interesting.
on 5 August 2012
I've really enjoyed the the rainwild chronicles,the last book was excellent ,but it's been left not finished,is there another book that follows this?ive enjoyed all the robin Hobbs books I've read so far.
on 8 July 2013
Hobb is literary a genius. I am used to short stories but it always upsets me a little that we don't get to find out more!
She also writes under Megan Lindholm(very different but interesting books)
on 15 November 2013
I like the books by this writer although not so keen on the sci fi type stories, but as always verywell written and nice to have short stories occasionally so I am not tempted to read all night.
on 6 March 2014
Robin Hobb is a tremensous, near-miraculous writer; but in this book she goes beyond her usual excellence. Not only couldn't put it ddown,could feel myheart beating much of the time!