5.0 out of 5 stars Moving beyond words
This is one of the most moving but beautiful books that I have ever read. It tells of the true story of a fathers unconditional love for his son and the very emotional journey they make into Cathy's life and family.
It was personally very uplifting to read of a parents unconditional love for their child instead of the usual neglect and abuse inflicted on children...
Published on 14 Sep 2011 by Mrs. L. Slater

3.0 out of 5 stars Angels
Published on 22 Nov 2011 by Henry Hill

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The night the angels came, 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Night the Angels Came (Paperback)
I am an avid fan of cathy glass, i have all her books to date and this one is one of the best books she has written to date. This book delivers abit of everything, it has bits that are emotional, i couldnt put the book down i just wanted to keep reading on and on. Cathy makes fostering really fun and shows you can get attached to families and watch the family grow. The night the angels came like the rest has happy endings but it shows you have to take the rough with the smooth. I really recommend this book and all cathy's books, brilliant reads and touches your heart immensely. looking forward to the next book! carry on the good work. Chris shaw.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Night the Angels Came - A must read, 20 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Night the Angels Came (Paperback)
started reading this book on Saturday and finished it on Sunday. I was already in tears in the first chapter and more so by the and. A fantastic story, heartwrenching at times but so warm and loving.

As with all of Cathys books you get to know the characters and feel so invloved. It was a pleasure to read of a wonderful boy like Michael and his thoughtful loving father Patrick. I am so glad that Cathy and her family got to know and love them and in turn that they did the same. A truly wonderful book.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this and ALL of the books written by Cathy Glass and cannot wait for the next one to be released.

Well done Cathy and thank you to you and your children. x

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing !, 19 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Night the Angels Came (Paperback)
amazing story writen so well, i cried and laughed through out. i read the book in less that 12 hours !!!! time just seems to slip away truely an insperational book cant wait for the next one :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Night the Angels came by Cathy Glass, 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Night the Angels Came (Paperback)
This book is yet another great story of the hard work that Kathy is doing in helping others,it was such a great read very sad but had a happy outcome as with all her books once you start reading them you cant put them down,she is truly a remarkable woman caring for others aswell as her own children as you will find out when you read her books,this book in paticular really touched my heart the courage that she gave Patrick the dad aswell as Michael the little boy, even thou it was a tough time for them all including Cathy and her family she did all that she could to make thier final days together happy ones.
Keep up the good work Cathy,cant wait for the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yet, 15 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Night the Angels Came (Paperback)
I am a great fan of Cathy Glass and have read all her books. Just when i think the last one i read was the best, then along comes "The Night the Angels Came" This is definitely Cathy at her very best. It is a very moving story sad in parts but also makes you smile. It is a lovely story of a small boy whose father is dying of cancer and is taken in by Cathy and her loving family when the father is taken into hospital.
I could not put this book down once i had started it but when i had finished i was also sad that it had come to an end. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Night The Angels Came, 29 Aug 2013
I loved this book - the first time that I read it last year when I was ill in hospital, and I still do - the second time just as much - it means a lot to me - in two ways as it was the first book that I had been able to read in two years, after the tragic death of my niece three years before - before she died I was a well known book worm, perhaps it was the shock of her death that had caused me to loose my ability to read, its only these last few months almost a year after reading Michaels story- most of the books that I have read since have been Cathys. Michael,s story is the closest to my heart as my own Father whom had brought up my elder siblings and I -as our mother had severe mental health problems -my dad like Patrick - Michaels dad was a mother figure as well as a father - My father also died of Cancer - when I was 10 years old - my sibling's had all left home by time I was 10 and a half years old i was in my role as a child carer. I loved my mum. But that life as hard as a child. As I wasn't as fortunite as Michael. However his story will forever be a part of my heart - God bless you Cathy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 Aug 2013
Very well written. A fantastic book that shares all th emotion that they all went through. A very strong lady and an inspiration to what I want to do in the future

5.0 out of 5 stars The night the angels came, 11 Mar 2013
Such a powerful touching story and testament to the wonderful job that foster carers do,and what a brave little boy his faith got him through

5.0 out of 5 stars Cathy Glass Books, 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Night the Angels Came (Paperback)
Cathy Glass to me is a extremely talented person. Up until I read one of her books I didnt read at all now cant get enought of them. Just read one and you'll be hooked I have my mum and friends all reading cathys books too!! Constantly on the wait for the next one to be released!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read!, 6 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Night the Angels Came (Paperback)
This is by far the best book I have read recently. I like to relax with a good book in the evenings, perhaps a chapter a day...not this one! I could not put it down, which may sound like a cliche but I literally stayed up the whole night as I kept turning the pages in anticipation of what happened next. I have enjoyed every book of Cathy's that I have read to date but this was my absolute favourite; a different concept this time...a loving parent faced with leaving their treasured child orphaned due to a terminal illness. It is both heartbreaking and heartwarming and gives a beautiful insight to Cathy the person as opposed to just Cathy the foster parent. I really loved this book and would definitely rank it among my all time favourites...buy it, you will not be disappointed!

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›

The Night the Angels Came
The Night the Angels Came by Cathy Glass (Paperback - 15 Sep 2011)
5.51