5.0 out of 5 stars solvers list
have tried lots of these type book but this one is the most comprehensive smack up to date,wouldn't be without it when doing my crosswords
Published on 17 Jan 2012 by chuckie

2.0 out of 5 stars Rarely Needed
Published on 19 Dec 2012 by R. J. Hole

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars solvers list, 17 Jan 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Rarely Needed, 19 Dec 2012
R. J. Hole (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Lists (Paperback)
I have rarely found myself reaching for my copy of Bradford's Crossword Solver's Lists (L). In contrast, Bradford's Crossword Solver's Dictionary (D) is indispensable. Many of the answers in L are in D too. In fact sometimes they are in D but not in the equivalent list in L. In hindsight it was an unnecessary purchase for me. L would be better if it was not pure lists because a lot are duplicated in D whereas if there was more enrichment of the lists, e.g. rivers and country names side by side, it would be more useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comments on the Bradford's Crossword Solver, 6 Mar 2012
This review is from: Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Lists (Paperback)
A gift bought for my husband who is an ardent crossword participant. He was thoroughly delighted with this publication and although he has a number of similar reference books, said it had really added to his knowledge and assistance with crossword solving. Good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars No cross word with this book! Terrible pun., 28 April 2014
This review is from: Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Lists (Paperback)
This book is far more comprehensive than the pocket version and is very useful for those areas where my knowledge is limited such as trees and plants, operas etc. There is also good cross referencing between subjects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooo useful, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Lists (Paperback)
We already had an invaluable Mrs Bradford Crossword companion which we recently replaced with an updated version. At the same time saw this and it is already proving just as useful. It's just sad that the crossword setters probably also have one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job, 24 Nov 2013
R. Fox - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Lists (Paperback)
An amazing book. I spent a lot of time producing 'Charity" quizzes and this will be immensely helpful. Well laid out and easy to manipulate.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, was won over by other reviews, but now not convinced, 21 July 2013
P. Lineham (Twickenham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Lists (Paperback)
This was bought for my 90 year-old mother who does a daily crossword. She had been using an A-Z reference book with everything ordered by number of letters and was sceptical about this newfangled book. I've tried to convince her by helping her use it, but now admit defeat! It helps in 10-20% of cases when we get stuck. The rest of the time we can't find a relevant list.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just The Job, 23 April 2012
G. C. Spring (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Lists (Paperback)
Sent for this when I got fed up with my old set of lists as they were out of date and insufficient. This little book provides all the answers that you may require. One small whinge, why are capital cities listed an alphabetic and not word size order?

4.0 out of 5 stars Crossword Lists, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Lists (Paperback)
This is a very good book with lists of just about everything you could wish for. The categories are set out with the answers below. One small negative of this book is under the section Capitals. They are listed first and then the country. I think it would have been better to list the country first and then the capital. I just think it would have made for a more straightforward search. All in all, it's a very good book and must have taken a lot of hard work and time to put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Lists (Paperback)
This is a good book, I am a crossword addict and I really enjoy looking up words. It's very entertaining.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Lists
Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Lists by Anne R. Bradford (Paperback - 1 Sep 2011)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available