4.0 out of 5 stars Good and useful, but not perfect
Published on 26 Dec. 2011 by cb

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Kindle!
Published 3 months ago by J. Edmund Prunesquallor

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and useful, but not perfect, 26 Dec. 2011
I really liked Eats, Shoots & Leaves and this seemed to be a way to progress with refreshing my skills in English language. It has lessons and exercises which I shall enjoy going through and I think that it was worth buying. However, I found a mistake immediately on opening the book! On page 62, in Question 11, it has the "inferred"/"implied" mistake:" What is being inferred by the use of the semicolon in each of the following?".

This is disappointing, and I have found a grammatical mistake elsewhere, but perhaps I shall find no others . . .

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Kindle!, 14 Oct. 2014
I'm possibly being a little harsh in only giving three stars for this book, as it is a fine grammar tutorial - but not in Kindle format! To gain the maximum benefit from this book, you will need to follow the author's recommendation and make notes and place answers on the page (in pencil!) which isn't practical with a Kindle. So if you really want to hone your grammatical skills this book is great, only buy the paper version rather than the Kindle one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 4 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Can You Eat, Shoot & Leave? (Workbook) (Paperback)
I am a member of the grammar and spelling police. I loved completing the exercises in this book. For me, it was great fun! I bought it as a present for a friend who is also interested in the correct use of English. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, engaging and useful, 12 May 2014
I have the book, and was happy to discover the Workbook. will definitely use it in class with my own students! Thank you, keep them coming!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book, 6 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Can You Eat, Shoot & Leave? (Workbook) (Paperback)
Excellent way how to practice English. Good book to read on plane or during cold rainy evenings. It's a good way to have some fun and improve your communications skills.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book fairly easy going - seems to me that ..., 12 Jan. 2015
Good book fairly easy going - seems to me that you need to have some idea of what is what to get the best out of this book....

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll never misplace my apostrophe's again, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Can You Eat, Shoot & Leave? (Workbook) (Paperback)
An excellent little book which is fun and keeps you on your toes. A great workout for pedants. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Can You Eat, Shoot & Leave? (Workbook) (Paperback)
Good. Useful guide to better punctuation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 14 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Can You Eat, Shoot & Leave? (Workbook) (Paperback)
Loved this book. Can recommend. Found it a big help to explain the complex world of grammer in a fun way..

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Dec. 2014
just as expected

Can You Eat, Shoot & Leave? (Workbook)
Can You Eat, Shoot & Leave? (Workbook) by Lynne Truss (Paperback - 6 Oct. 2011)