5.0 out of 5 stars Another very good Collins pocket phrasebook
Published on 28 Sep 2010 by Mr. Stephen Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars Format not as good as originals
The weak blue added colour plus extra small font size is not easy on the eye. What used to be the must-have to keep in your pocket is no longer my portable dictionary of choice.
Published 7 months ago by Manx cat

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another very good Collins pocket phrasebook, 28 Sep 2010
Mr. Stephen Wright "Steve W" (near Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This book meets the standards of Collins pocket phrasebooks for other languages. It covers the majority of what I needed for a two week holiday. I couldn't honestly expect it to cover ALL traffic signs, parking restrictions etc nor could I expect it to cover ALL the local menus. It was a very good support in getting me to a "90pct comfortable" position with the language which was enough to get me the helpful support of locals.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent content for its size & cost, 1 Dec 2011
Mr. Brian R. Dougal (Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Considering its very small size the coverage to and from Italian is excellent.
As a travelling companion it cannot be beaten (not by the rival Oxford product anyway).

As an aid to learning Italian however I would recommend the Collins "Easy Learning" dictionary. It contains about the same number of base words but its larger size gives word usage and example phases for the entry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Collins Italian Dictionary, 8 Jan 2011
Dave Parry (Croydon, England) - See all my reviews
Great dictionary for the begginer. I've noticed there are a few words are not in the dictionary, so if you want a more thorough dictionary then maybe try something else.

Useful middle section with key phrases and a few grammatical hints and tips at the beggining of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good dictionary!, 12 Feb 2011
I bought this because I am learning italian for an year now and I really needed a dictionary: I bought this one just because it was the cheapest I could find. I was pleasantly surprised however, this is a great dictionary (small so you can take it everywhere) but really complete, there hasn't been a word that I looked for that wasn't on it. Definetely recomend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Collins gem italian dictionary, 26 Oct 2010
I obviously didn't read the description too carefully, as I was surprised to find that it was so tiny! Never mind. It still does the job and works well. It could do with a verb section.

3.0 out of 5 stars Format not as good as originals, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Collins Gem Italian Dictionary (Collins Gem) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars mini dictionary, 9 Oct 2010
John Marshall "JJ" (GLASGOW) - See all my reviews
this wee dictionary has it all, my daughter requested this one, as the school she goes to approves of it. It has everything she needs to do her Italian homework. and for a couple of quid, its great value aswell. i would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little dictionary, 1 Aug 2011
This is all you need in a small dictionary. Handy size with comprehensive content. As an Italian language learner it has what I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, 18 July 2011
Dan "Dan" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this dictionary for referencing as I have recently started the learning the language. I've been able to find all the words I've looked up. Nice, compact size. Price isn't too bad. Worth purchasing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Collins Gem Italian Dictionary (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
I bought this before my trip to Venice as I like to eat in non-touristy restaurants and sometimes find it difficult to know what I am eating.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Collins Gem Italian Dictionary (Collins Gem)
Collins Gem Italian Dictionary (Collins Gem) by Collins Dictionaries (Paperback - 5 Jan 2012)
2.99