5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful book
This book is aimed at girls 9 years+ As an adult I read it in a day as I didn't want to put it down. It is a lovely story beautifully told from the eyes of a little girl who's life seemingly falls apart in just one day.

You very quickly fall in love with Tiffany and are there with her sharing her worries and joys all the way.
Published on 7 Mar 2010 by A. Bostock

3.0 out of 5 stars cliche
bit boring the story line is just to cliché Kate maryons done better. the ending is a put down. it was less exciting than I expected not much of a fun holiday read.
Published 2 months ago by Kitkatbrat

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful book, 7 Mar 2010
A. Bostock - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful uplifting story for girls, 9 Mar 2010
Sophie Johnson (GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shine (Paperback)
Fantastic insightful and fun book for girls in the 9-12 age range. The story will have readers carried along, I couldn't get my 10 yr old's nose out of it. Wonderful characters, believable storyline, and beautifully written for this age group. You will laugh, cry and love the heroine Tiffany........there are even ponies!! Well done Kate.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXELANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 12 Nov 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Shine (Paperback)
i must say, i got this from a bookshop and thought it was going to be girly and boring! but no, i read it an it really made me think in some parts!!! its now my favourite book that's not teenage fiction (i read a lot of teenage books and rearely like 8-12 books!! but i think this is a great book for everyone's age!!!!!! (apart from grown-ups cos that would be weird!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Shine on!, 26 April 2010
Wendy Rose (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shine (Paperback)
A well written and moving account of Tiff's 'true to life' story for both adult's and children. I like this book because it shares Tiff's inner feelings not just her thoughts. Shine has a truly unique perspective of what life is like for many children brought or bought up in difficult circumstances. Kate Maryon believes in finding solutions to mend and repair every situation. Surely a book to help adults understand a child's sensitivities. I'm looking forward to the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loved this. Its the only book she has finished in years!, 23 Mar 2010
Sunraye (Wells, Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shine (Paperback)
Coming from a family of read-aholics, my youngest daughter (now 12)always struggles to finish even an easy book. But with Shine,she loved it, and finished it in a few days. Major achievement which she is delighted with. She said it was so interesting she didn't want to put it down. She can wait for the next book by Kate Maryon to be published. Thanks Kate! Please hurry with the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A captivating read!, 17 Mar 2010
D. Savage - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shine (Paperback)
I was first alerted to this book at the book-forum website, and I'm glad I was as my 13 year old daughter - who I usually struggle to get to read ANYTHING, let alone a whole book - really enjoyed it!

As she was so taken by it I had a read and, I think it's written in a warm, friendly style, but conveys the unhappiness felt by Tiff, the lead character, very well. Ends in a delightful way too!

5.0 out of 5 stars jacqueline wilson-esque, 7 Jun 2014
R. LILICO (darlington uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shine (Kindle Edition)
My 9 year old daughter thoroughly enjoyed this book. Compared it to a Jacqueline Wilson, whose books she is obsessed with. I got huge brownie points for finding her a new author to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Shine (Kindle Edition)
At first, I didn't really like Tiffany, especially when she goes to the family and every where else because I found her small minded but all in all I loved the book and I would recommend it to children 8-11

3.0 out of 5 stars cliche, 19 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by my 11 year old., 8 May 2014
This review is from: SHINE (Paperback)
I bought this book as a birthday present for my 11 year old daughter who loves to read. She has been an avid Jaqueline Wilson reader for the past few years and I was looking for something a little different for her to try. I bought this on the recommendation of other Amazon readers and it hasn't disappointed. She was hooked from page 1 to the end and thought the story was fantastic. I would highly recommend for this age group.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

SHINE
SHINE by Kate Maryon (Paperback - 9 Jun 2011)
5.24