5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing!!
It just so happened I had a lazy afternoon so I picked up this book...and I couldn't put it down! I was up at 3am when I finished it and my word what a book. Extremely well researched and captivating from the first page, with believable characters. It's now amoung my favourite books.
Published on 18 July 2001 by Kat, kesrel@yahoo.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Not your usual Gerritsen
Tess Gerritsen writes some brilliant thriller/crime novels. This is not one of them! No grisly murders, not much suspense and too much sci-fi! I found it hard to get into and disappointing with a predictable ending. Oh and far too many acronyms! Shame really although it will not stop me reading more of her work
Published 21 months ago by wurzelsfan

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing!!, 18 July 2001
This review is from: Gravity (Paperback)
This is a MUST read for anyone interested in books that contain medical stuff, blood and guts spewing out everywhere, and anything to do with NASA and space flight.
This is my first taste of Tess Gerritsen, but definatly not my last - looking up her other books as I type! :o)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pack plenty of eye drops when you visit the ISS, 22 Aug 2003
Joseph Haschka (Glendale, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gravity (Paperback)
"All at once his body went rigid. The wetness had slid beneath the edge of the cap. It was now squirming towards his ear. Not a droplet of water, not a stray trickle, but something that moved with purpose. Something alive... He thrashed left, then right, trying to dislodge it. He banged hard on his (space) helmet. And still he felt it moving, sliding under his comm assembly... He caught dizzying glimpses of earth, then black space, then earth again, as he flailed and twisted around in a frantic dance ... The wetness slithered into his ear."
Bummer. Makes you want to swear off space walks.
According to the jacket of Tess Gerritsen's GRAVITY, Dr. Emma Watson finds herself aboard the International Space Station (ISS) facing a zero-gravity experiment gone bad, a culture of single-celled organisms run amok. The crew is infected one by one, with fatal results. The world's population is put at risk. The ISS is quarantined. O dear, how does our heroine survive and get home?
After the first third or so of this thriller, I was tempted to put it down, and write it off as a two-star effort. Too many of the elements seemed tired, potentially leading to a predictable plot. Beautiful, hotshot young doctor rockets into orbit before being able to sign divorce papers. Her estranged husband, also a hotshot physician, is an astronaut permanently grounded because of kidney stones. (He still loves her, of course.) A maverick U.S. company has developed a quick-turnaround alternative to the space shuttle. And, while the first prototype blew up on launch, the second is untested, but, hey, ready to fly. A mysterious, Southern California (where else?) research outfit that owns the haywire experiment knows more than it's telling. I admit that I'm probably jaded, but puhleeze!
Then the monster, so to speak, gets loose, and people starting dying in the most horrific manner. I mean, if you wake up some morning after an all night bender, look into the mirror and notice a severe case of bloodshot eyes, then you may as well run screaming into the street because you're not going to have a good week. Trust me.So, Tess pulls out of her nosedive in the knick of time, and I'm happy to award 4 stars. Nice job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Back on Form with This One, 24 Aug 2007
J. Chippindale (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gravity (Hardcover)
Tess Gerritsen left a successful medical practice to bring up her children and concentrate on her writing. She lives in Maine, with her family. There has been some confusion with one or two of her earlier books being re-issued and they seem to be more for the Mills and Boon market (nothing wrong with that), but they are not the type of books that reader's of her current offerings have come to expect from her.

This book brings us back to the more familiar suspense thriller novels that the author is famous for. This one has a background of the American space programme, with Emma Watson, a brilliant research physician who has been training for a mission to the International Space Station, where she will get the opportunity to study living being in space. Emma's estranged husband who has shared her dream of space travel has been grounded because of a medical conditiion and he is an embittered man. He can only watch as his wife prepares for her first mission.

But as soon as the mission reaches the space station, things start to go horribly wrong, an experiment has back-fired with lethal consequences, and if the problem cannot be contained the whole of the earth's population could be affected with catastrophic results . .

5.0 out of 5 stars A chilling thriller with a nice touch of romance, 29 Jun 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Gravity (Hardcover)
Emma Watson and Jack McCallum happily married seven years ago and remain deeply in love. However, the couple agrees to a divorce because Jack is envious of Emma's success. Emma is a qualified mission control astronaut while Jack failed to pass the health test.

An excited Emma flies on the shuttle to the Space Station to replace an astronaut whose spouse is ill. On the space station, one of the occupants dies from an unknown ailment in which his body seems to have oozed eggs of an unfamiliar organism. Soon other individuals residing on the space station also die from the disease. A distraught Jack knows he needs to find a panacea to keep his beloved Emma from being the next person to succumb to the illness.

Tess Gerritsen has a well-deserved reputation for her thrillers. Her latest novel will elate fans of medical thrillers and science fiction as well as readers of romantic suspense. GRAVITY is a non-stop action tale that rivals the best of Cook and Palmer. The exhilarating story line provides readers an insider,s look at life on the space station while taking the audience to a level of G,s rarely seen in a novel. The lead couple is an interesting duo whose relationship seems to have blown up until a crisis makes Jack realize what is really precious in life. Ms. Gerritsen is heading back to the best selling lists with this wonderful cross appeal novel.

Harriet Klausner

5.0 out of 5 stars UTTERLY BRILLIANT, 14 May 2004
Ap Nj Dorrall "nicky0512" (plymouth,devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gravity (Paperback)
i thought this book was completely and utterly BRILLIANT.grabs you by the throat from the begining and holds you until the very end.i've recommended this book to everyone that i know - it's just fantastic!!!!
GO BUY THIS BOOK - YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 13 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Gravity (Paperback)
hooks you from the begining. excellent ideas, superbly grisly and gripping till the end. if you like The Hot Zone then this is perfect for you.
if you're like me and stuck in a hotel then it's everything you could need
intend to find everything else she has done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gravity, 6 April 2009
molko (Surrey) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Gravity (Paperback)
This is a totally new direction for Tess Gerritsen. With Gravity she has taken the reader aboard a NASA space station inhabited by 6 astronauts, a dozen or so medical experiments and one seriously scary virus that soon starts infecting the crew one by one, and with no where to go, and NASA unsure wether it is safe to send a rescue team or not, so begins a deadly countdown for the crew to find a way out and a cure.
It is totally riveting and obviously very well researched. The pace is there throughout and Gerritsen really keeps the pages turning. This is something completely different from anything i've read before and the descriptions of life aboard the space station, with the electricity running out, a virus travelling through the air ducts and dying crew aboard a downright spooky.
A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of this world!, 9 Nov 2006
This review is from: Gravity (Paperback)
I have read many novels by Tess Gerritsen and after my disappointment with 'Never Say Die' (Tess should steer clear of too much sloppy romance writing and stick to thrillers, which she does best) I had considered giving up and moving onto another author. I read plenty of good reviews for Gravity so I thought I'd give it a go and I'm so pleased I did - its absolutely brilliant! I literally couldn't put it down. Its one of her best in my opinion!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 17 May 2009
Suze "Susie" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gravity (Paperback)
This is the first book I have read by this author and I shall certainly read more.
It was kind of predictable in parts, but that did not spoil my enjoyment of the story.
I knew nothing about NASA or space labs etc and the author did not blind me with science, in fact she got it just right. The book is just the right length, too.
I won't go into details of the plot because other reviewers have already covered that bit. So all I can say is I enjoyed it and I happily recommend it. And I'm off in search of something else by the same author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 22 April 2009
Pandarin (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gravity (Paperback)
Really enjoyed this book. I'm a huge fan of Tess Gerritsen anyway, but I also love anything to do with space (and medical thrillers) so this book is a brilliant combination for people who like that sort of thing. She has obviously done some very thorough research in writing this book, and I found the technical side very intriguing, but she is also brilliant at including the emotional side in her stories. If you prefer the Maura Isles / Jane Rizzoli books, this might not be quite to your taste, but I would highly recommend giving it a go!

Gravity
Gravity by Tess Gerritsen (Paperback - 22 Dec 2011)