5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book with brilliant breakfast ideas!
Published on 17 Jun 2011 by Jenny Stevens

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing
Published on 16 May 2011 by happywokker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book with brilliant breakfast ideas!, 17 Jun 2011
This review is from: Ching's Fast Food: 110 Quick and Healthy Chinese Favourites (Hardcover)
I absolutely love this book! I've noticed a lot of people saying some of the recipes are repeated from her previous books. It's the first of hers I've bought and I can't help thinking she's allowed to repeat a couple of classic dishes she uses regularly in a book with 110 recipes in it? But that's just my opinion and I don't have the others to comment further. But I'll look to buy her others without hesitation.

What I found really refreshing as soon as I turned the first few pages was the brilliant breakfast section at the start! I am guilty of allowing breakfasts to become boring and repetitive but some of the recipes she includes are so quick and simple I feel a revolution in the start of my day coming on. There aren't a huge number of them but I found them inspirational. I loved the sound of the first one so much I had it for my lunch immediately!

I've tried a couple more since and found them fantastic. I can't wait to devote a night to cooking a feast from this book, complete with soup, appetisers, mains and sides!

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 16 May 2011
In the past, the arrival of a new book by Ching always led to an immediate frenzy of wokking, because the recipes were new and exciting. This time however, Ching's Fast Food is something of a disappointment. At least 11 of the main recipes have featured in her three previous books, sometimes under different names, and roughly half of the duplicated recipes are to be found in her last book, Chinese Food in Minutes. So far, I have only tried two of the new recipes in Ching's Fast Food, and both resulted in rather bland dishes, in contrast to those featured in her earlier books which, with very few exceptions, were full of flavour.

The layout of the book is attractive, and the colour photographs of the prepared dishes certainly make one's mouth water. Unlike photos in many cookery books, these show what a not-particularly-talented amateur cook can reasonably hope to achieve. However, I found that the use of coloured text on some pages does not make for easy reading, unless your kitchen has lighting worthy of a film set.

The chatty style which Ching uses to introduce each recipe and elsewhere in the text, is invariably informative, and encourages one to read her books from cover to cover, rather than just to dip in when looking for a particular recipe.

For someone new to Chinese cooking, this book represents a good but not outstanding starting point. However, for those who already have her previous books, you might, like me, find it a bit disappointing in terms of new and flavourful recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ching's Fast Food: 110 Quick and Healthy Chinese Favourites, 10 Jun 2011
this is one awesome book to buy!

i have this book now for about tree weeks and really enjoyed it a lot!

in it are great recipes that are easy to make, not expensive to make and beside really delicious also verry healthy!
have all of chings other tree books and with this one she really outdid hereself again with making one fine cookbook that is actually a good and usefull cookbook unlike a lot of other cookbooks out there that aren't so practical in its use in regards to the recipes in it...!

add to that the good storries in regards to certain recipes like her moms ealsoup and her best freind that came over and had to eat it and the succes that was which really puts a big smile on your face when reading it and what you have is something you really can enjoy over and over again!

as such....? defently recomanded reading! and recomanded using in regards to the delicious healthy and good recipes in it...!

a definet must buy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ching's fast foodn110., 3 July 2011
This is a first class receipe book, very easy to follow and very intersting, the postage was first class also, only next day service. t[many thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Ching's Fast Food: 110 Quick and Healthy Chinese Favourites by Ching-He Huang, 12 Feb 2012
This an excellent book, however, there is a lot of overlap with her other books. If I was to choose one book out of her series, this would be it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously easily to follow with fantastic results, 10 Jun 2011
I served up 5 of Chings recipes for my friends in 2 hours and they were very impressed. What I loved about them was the simplicity and ease of cooking. Once you have prepared everything it is really simple to follow and tasted very authentic. I travel to China with work several times a year and rarely go to a restaurant at home that tastes anything similar to what I have experienced when I travel but these receipes are as close as you get. I'll be investing in some of her other books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Familiar, 8 May 2011
E. L. Tipton (UK) - See all my reviews
Very similar to her other books with a few duplicated recipes (under different names), but still, enough new recipes in here to make it worth getting even if you have the others.
Cheap, easy to cook and above all delicious Chinese food. Yum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ching's Fast Food, 28 Aug 2011
Excellent book - has been of great assistance to me in my quest to improve and vary my Chinese cooking. The menus are clear and any ingredients unknown to me are efficiently catalogued and explained. This is the second of Ching's books I have purchased - I look forward to the third.Ching's Fast Food: 110 Quick and Healthy Chinese Favourites

5.0 out of 5 stars Ching's Fast Food, 10 Jun 2011
Excellent book. Easy to follow recipes and great tasting food at the end of it. Highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ching's Fast Food: 110 Quick and Healthy Chinese Favourites, 19 Aug 2012
Love this book. Many of the recipes are so easy to follow and very tasty. I am pleased to see that the recipes only contain few ingredients and cooking methods are not complex at all. Definitely one to keep for a long time and will be frequently used.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Ching's Fast Food: 110 Quick and Healthy Chinese Favourites
Ching's Fast Food: 110 Quick and Healthy Chinese Favourites by Ching-He Huang (Hardcover - 28 April 2011)