Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 August 2014
I read this before I read Huckleberry Finn and found this book hilarious in parts and wondered about the imagination of the author. This was a great adventure and ought to be read by youths whose parents have grounded them, or will not allow them out to hang around acting like Tom Sawyer on speed.lol
on 10 February 2016
I find many of the words used I have to refer to a dictionary to understand the meaning, some of the words are tippical of country slang , as the story progresses I find I am able to relive my own life through toms exsperances a typical young lads life living in a rural area.
on 26 April 2013
Mark Twain writes vividly and this is a very funny book. The different characters are written with their own accents which can be tough at times, but once you get into them it is easy enough to follow what they are saying.
on 17 December 2011
These are wonderful books the illustrations excellent all the children who have had these books as gifts love them parents seem to enjoy them even more than the children.Books you will want to keep for years.
on 20 December 2010
A real philosophical classic. I bought this book for my teenage grandson. It is a wonderful picture of boyhood adventure and friendship that appeals to all ages, from the pen of the great Mark Twain.
on 7 December 2012
Very beautiful book. Mark Twain had a very nice sense of humour. It is for young people though. I wish I had read it when I was 14 years old. As a young adult, I found it a bit childish to read.
on 12 August 2013
It's years since I read this book (and I mean YEARS!) but, it still enthralled me. Samuel Langhorne Clemens is a master at understanding young people and their unhindered view on life. Brilliant!
on 22 November 2015
bought for my little Grandson for when he is older. I loved reading these books when I was young. His Mum and Dad make sure he has plenty of books and this will be in his little library too
on 22 June 2013
I wanted to reread Tom sawyer having not read it since childhood. I am a pensioner and having audiobooksvas well as ordinary is helpful, and this particular one was very good.
on 4 February 2013
My ten year old grandson who lives in rural France and loves to listen to Audio Books while painting and drawing and doing Lego says both these CC's are "FANTASTIC!!"