5.0 out of 5 stars Collins World Atlas
Perfect coffee table atlas with all the convenience of a magazine but richly illustrated and detailed. Believe me,you'll reach for this more often than the half-ton,hardback behemoth monster of an atlas you have scaffolding-supported on your bookshelf!
Published on 3 July 2011 by martin mccluskey

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful
My father always said to me "if you buy cheap fish, you smell what you save while it is frying". In other words, there is always a reason why something is cheap. This atlas just about does the job but if you need a serious reference tool, spend more on a better book. I already have a top notch atlas but wanted something smaller and more manageable for my desk (I work in...
Published on 25 Oct. 2011 by Mr. M G Thompson

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars IDEAL FOR SCHOOL, 16 Oct. 2011
This review is from: World Atlas: Paperback Edition (Paperback)
This atlas is the ideal weight and size for a school child to carry around. It has clear, colourful maps and plenty of information about the countries. It would be useful if all the text books were shown with details of size, number of pages & weight.

3.0 out of 5 stars Atlas review, 15 Sept. 2012
This review is from: World Atlas: Paperback Edition (Paperback)
The Atlas feels quite thin, but handy. It does not try to educate the origins of the Universe or Countries' GNP's etc as some so-called Atlas's do ! It's an Atlas - pure and simple. Some international boundaries are difficult to define - eg. Oman/UAE, Burma/Indonesia/Malaysia etc. Place names except for capital and major cities are in very small print and so is the Index - so keep a magnifier handy ! Detailed coverage of the USA is also inconsistent - P48/49 show a more detailed 1:3 500 000 NE and SW USA but no same scale coverage of the NW and SE USA. All-in-all the Atlas is worth the reduced price paid and (for me) served its purpose of identifying the re-named countries of the previous USSR and Africa. But until I find something better, for detailed reference I shall still be heaving out my 10 ton Times 'Concise' Atlas.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, 26 Sept. 2012
This review is from: World Atlas: Paperback Edition (Paperback)
I have to admit I thought is was going to have more info in it than it does. It is a basic magazine style booklet with maps only. So if you want info on the countries this is not for you. Very disapointed

3.0 out of 5 stars collins world atlas, 22 Mar. 2012
This review is from: World Atlas: Paperback Edition (Paperback)
I did not find this atlas detailed enough. I also considered the state borders and the rivers difficult to trace. Moreover, some maps spanned across the page fold and were effectively hidden from view.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great value but only for those with keen eyesight!, 10 Nov. 2011
This review is from: World Atlas: Paperback Edition (Paperback)
A clear and useful basic reference book, but I must admit to finding the type in the index to be a bit of a challenge ... it's quite small! (Perhaps the next purchase needs to be a magnifying glass?)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: World Atlas: Paperback Edition (Paperback)
I purchased this atlas to replace an earlier edition. Even though my older copy was well used, I noticed that there are several changes in this new edition, such as the inclusion of South Sudan, and the flag of Libya has been updated. The clear print is very easy to read, and as before there is a great deal of extra information included, such as flags and data about each country. I would recommend this atlas for all ages, and for general interest - an ideal companion for the quizzer in the family!

5.0 out of 5 stars handy atlas, 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: World Atlas: Paperback Edition (Paperback)
This was just what i wanted for a simple up -to-date atlas that I can usefor crosswords and TV references. Light and easily accommodated.

3.0 out of 5 stars maps, 30 Dec. 2011
This review is from: World Atlas: Paperback Edition (Paperback)
Good value for money, however the layout does not provide full continent displays on the one page, i.e. Africa, South America etc.

2.0 out of 5 stars World Atlas, 27 Dec. 2013
Sq Ldr T. Goggin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World Atlas: Paperback Edition (Paperback)
Would be much more useful as a quick reference if the authors had not tried to pack too much information into too small an area. For example Belgium and the Netherlands suffer also from being between two pages. I already have two massive Times Atlases for detail, albeit historical, but they are too expensive to keep up to date with political changes.
Same size, less detail required.
Goggin

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should own a copy!, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: World Atlas: Paperback Edition (Paperback)
Even though it is only an atlas, I cannot express how much I love this! I bought it to help with some research for a novel. But, it was great to sit down with my kids and show them all the countries that Mummy and Daddy have been to, where we grew up, and where some of our family live. My daughter has already used it to map out where we have to take her on holiday...

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

World Atlas: Paperback Edition
World Atlas: Paperback Edition by Collins Maps (Paperback - 3 Feb. 2011)
Used & New from: £0.01