5.0 out of 5 stars A great follow-up to the previous Hummingbird Bakery titles
I already have the 2 previous Hummingbird Bakery cookbooks so when I saw that there was a new one coming out I knew I had to have it.

The recipes in this book are not overly complicated and should not prove too daunting, even for those with limited baking experience. Despite this book having a heavy American influence it does not require you to buy a set of...
Published 18 months ago by Mrs. E. Preval

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as earlier Hummingbird Cookbooks
I bake at least 3-5 times a week. I am constantly asked to provide cakes, cupcakes, muffins, etc... for parties, school events and other gatherings. I always reach for the 2 previous Hummingbird Cookbooks when looking for inspiration. So, I was very excited when I saw this new cookbook.

Overall I am disappointed with the version. As other reviewers have said...
Published 14 months ago by Beth Litster

‹ Previous | 118 19 2023 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
Lots of nice, practical recipes

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
Came in ontime - great recipes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Aug 2014
Very nice it was for a present

5.0 out of 5 stars I am fatter because of it, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
Bought this for the cup cake supremo that is my wife - she's never made a bad cake from the Hummingbird books and this one is no exception. It's worth seeking out the proper ingredients - food colourings especially - as they do make a difference. We especially like that with a Hummingbird book you don't get any overlap with the previous editions, there are no repeated make weight recipes, it's all good new stuff in there.
Excellent cakes, well written and illustrated - we just need calorie free chocolate that tastes like chocolate now :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars cupcake recipes sound gorgeous but are vile, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
When I first bought this book I was so excited, I do a lot of baking especially cupcakes and wanted to try some new flavours, when I first buy any recipe book I mark all the pages of recipes I want to try, I tagged almost every page, and was really excited to make them. But I have to say so far I have tried three recipes and not one has been nice, the cake tastes doughy, the sponge itself isn't very flavoursome, I made the bounty bar cakes and the bounty sank to the bottom, the frosting was way too sweet, they were vile, same with the jammy dodger ones and the jaffa cake ones, although the ideas are great I think i'll try and adjust my own recipes, I think the fact that you use milk and very little butter makes them taste liek weight watcher cakes, sorry hummingbird but i won't be buying anything else :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 July 2014
Excellent, thank you.

1.0 out of 5 stars HUGE DISAPPONTMENT, 27 April 2013
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
Please only buy if you like to look at nice cake pictures. The cupcake recipes are mostly repetition with slight tweeks. They are overally too sweet and doughy and disgusting. I used 5 different receipes and wished I had not bothered as they all went straight in the bin. What a waste!!! The bicuits were not too bad but again too sweet. The cookies were edible as I altered the recipes. I am an experienced baker and baking for the last 20 years, I found Leiths Baking bible much better and had yet not had any failed receipes. But the Hummingbird a BIG no
I had to write this review as I could not understand the 5 reviews given. I would recommed to borrow it from the library and give it a ago before wasting your money.
I have yet not tried the marshmallows if any better I will certainly update my reviews. Again in my opinion I will give it one star for the nice picutures otherwise ZERO star.

4.0 out of 5 stars gift for a friend, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
beautiful recipes - quite innovative - extremely attractively laid out - photography is excellent - instructions are all quite clear - very keen to same the recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hummingbird Bakery did it again!, 28 May 2014
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
This is an other good cookbook from the Hummingbird Bakery. I already own 'The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook' and 'Home Sweet Home' is a lovely addition with new recipes and no repetition.

The chapters are:
6) Traybakes
7) Sweet Treats & Classic Buds
8) Savouries
9) Baking Essentials

The recipes sound delicious (Crème Brulee Cupcakes, Key Lime Cupcakes, Peanut Butter Cheescake, Red Velvet Roulade) and the photos that accompany each recipe look mouthwatering.

What I really like about this cookbook (and the Hummingbird cookbooks in general) is that everything is so neatly arranged: You always have the amount one recipe makes, the ingredients, and the equipment in a column, next to it there is the recipe and on the other page there is the picture. Furthermore, the ingredients are divided into sections regarding the part of the baked goods, there are for example sub-categories for spinge, custard and decoration.

I haven't tried any recipes yet but I've never had any problems with my other Hummingbird cookbook and what I've read so far sounds both logical and doable. I can't wait to start baking and would recommend this cookbook to anyone interested in baking!

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
This is a good book with easy recipes to follow, looking forward to trying them, especially the cookies and cream cake.

‹ Previous | 118 19 2023 | Next ›

The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home
The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home by Tarek Malouf (Hardcover - 14 Feb 2013)
5.00