5.0 out of 5 stars A great follow-up to the previous Hummingbird Bakery titles
I already have the 2 previous Hummingbird Bakery cookbooks so when I saw that there was a new one coming out I knew I had to have it.

Published on 15 Feb. 2013 by Mrs. E. Preval

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as earlier Hummingbird Cookbooks
I bake at least 3-5 times a week. I am constantly asked to provide cakes, cupcakes, muffins, etc... for parties, school events and other gatherings. I always reach for the 2 previous Hummingbird Cookbooks when looking for inspiration. So, I was very excited when I saw this new cookbook.

Overall I am disappointed with the version. As other reviewers have said...
Published on 18 Jun. 2013 by Beth Litster

5.0 out of 5 stars A great follow-up to the previous Hummingbird Bakery titles, 15 Feb. 2013
Mrs. E. Preval "mpreval" (Middlesbrough) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)

The recipes in this book are not overly complicated and should not prove too daunting, even for those with limited baking experience. Despite this book having a heavy American influence it does not require you to buy a set of measuring cups or involve searching online for hard to find ingredients as all of the ingredients can be found in any well-stocked supermarket.

Each recipe comes with an accompanying photo and the instructions for each recipe are clear and concise whilst providing detailed instructions for each step

The previous book, The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days was divided into chapters by occasion (Easter, Christmas, Halloween for example). This book sticks to a more traditional lay-out. This book is divided into the following chapters:

Cupcakes
Cakes, cheesecakes and roulades
Cookies and biscuits
Pies and cobblers
Traybakes
Sweet treats and classic puds
Savouries

At the back of the book there is a section called 'baking essentials' which should prove useful for those with limited baking experience.

Please find below a list of all of the recipes featured in this book.

Jaffa cake cupcakes
Mint humbug cupcakes
Doughnut cupcakes
Blueberry and amaretti trifle cupcakes
Jolly jammer cupcakes
Popcorn cupcakes
Liquorice and blackcurrant cupcakes
Panettone cupcakes
Salted caramel cupcakes
White chocolate and cranberry cupcakes
Cookies and cream cupcakes
Sweet peanut cupcakes
Strawberry milkshake cupcakes
Almond cake with macaroon top
Banana Boston cream cake
Sweet dough lemon loaf
Peanut butter cheesecake
Chocolate cake with vanilla meringue frosting
Chocolate and cherry cheesecake swirl cake
Chocolate malt cake
Mississippi mud cake
Flourless chocolate cake
Lemon cake with lemon cream cheese frosting
Red velvet roulade
Cookies and cream cake
Maple and walnut streusel cake
Pineapple upside down cake
Banana and brazil nut loaf
Chicago fudge cake
Pumpkin and cream cheese roulade
Linzer cookies
Hazelnut and chocolate macaroons
Chocolate truffle cookies
Mint chocolate thumbprint cookies
Basic shortcakes
Lemon and ricotta cookies
Peanut butter and jam pinwheel cookies
Pecan and toffee thumbprint cookies
Chocolate shortcakes with a peanut butter filling
Peanut butter and chocolate cookies
Syrup crunchie cookies
Shoofly pie
Apple and blueberry cobbler
Soured cream pie
Pear and cranberry tart
White chocolate and macadamia nut pie
Chocolate custard squares
Blueberry loaf
Peanut butter granola bars
Chocolate hazelnut buns
Fruit and nut chocolate parcels
S'more brownies
Vanilla fudge
Home-made marshmallows
Coconut squares
Frozen chocolate sandwiches
Apple and almond bear claw pastries
Pecan sandies
Cheese and rosemary breadsticks
Savoury cheesecake

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
every single recipe in this book is full proof! every cake i have made has come out of the oven beautifully, so light and moist!! highly recommend this book for hours of baking pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, Yummy, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
Great book. Got it as a Christmas present, and am chuffed to bits. Full of lovely recipes. I can so far recommend the Lemon Cake with Lemon and Cream Cheese Frosting, also the Cookies and Cream Cupcakes, along with the Cookies and Cream (big) cake and finally the Maple and Walnut Streusel cake. All were complete success and totally delicious. Sometimes the mixture can look a bit different to other cakes that I have baked - as a lot of the recipes use large quantities of milk and so the mixture is very wet, but trust the recipes, as the cakes turn out wonderfully. There is also a small savoury section which is a nice addition to the sweet stuff. I have also got the Hummingbird Cake Days recipe book, which I have had for a couple of years now and would also recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime!, 23 Mar. 2013
Julie Nixon "Springbok" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
This is my first Hummingbird book although I am a cake baking nut so have millions of other books and I am hard to impress on the baking front! First two recipes I have tried (Chocolate Malt Cake and Chocolate and Coconut Cupcakes) were gobsmackingly good. Can't wait to try everything in the book! A real gem!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Book!, 8 May 2013
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
Having already purchased the other Hummingbird Bakery books, I just had to get this new one. From cover to cover my daughter and I "oohed" and "ahhed" over each recipe and I am under strict instructions that we are going to work our way through the book from beginning to end. It really is superb and the instructions are so easy to follow.

My only grumble, which is not with the book but with Amazon, is that I purchased a copy for myself at £7.40 one week and the following week ordered a copy for my niece and it cost me £10.00. Although I don't object to paying £10.00 for such a fantastic book, I do think Amazon should be a little more consistent in their pricing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Christmas Gift, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
I purchased this book as a gift for a friend from college. We are trainee chefs, and as my friend wants to become a baker after he finished his course - I thought this would be a good and thoughtful gift.

Delivery was extremely fast because of Prime delivery, and it arrived immaculately. The packaging its contained in is small enough to fit through the average post box, therefore doesn't need to be signed for.

I paid £5 for this book, with free delivery - a few days after it arriving I saw the very same book being sold for £10 at ASDA. Great Christmas Gift, highly recommend.

(I might get myself one too!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book yet, 26 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
i thought considering I have two other hummingbird bakery books, i wouldn't need this one but once again the photos won me over and I parted with my cash! I think this is actually the most inspiring book for me and there are so many new ideas and captivating recipes included in this book. you can now find a lot of the original recipe book online, and the cake days book is limited to cakes (obviously) but this one has really beautiful pictures, easy to follow instructions and different recipes to anything I've seen before. if you like the other books or are looking for some inspiration, this is just beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is my new bible!, 30 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
After the latest trends of baking cupcakes, and mini desserts, it's nice to see this brand branching out and putting a modern and creative twist on traditional baking!
There are so many recipes in here, I could produce something every weekend for a year and still not get through every single one!
This book was such great value for money, I've told my friends and family to get one... Mine's not for sharing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good! Recommended, 14 Nov. 2013
Eleni "E.D." (Athens = Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
Very good book: Good pictures, good way of describing the process, at the end good section with advices etc.
It is the second hummingbird bakery book I purchase. I had purchased the first one 2 years ago apprx (if I remember the title correctly: Cake Days). Again, I am very happy with my pruchase. I have tried from this new book only one recipie till now, but it was a 100% success.
I think it is the best book for this category. If there will be a new issue in the future, I will definitely purchase it!

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!!!, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home (Hardcover)
What a book, it's delicious and so are the recipes. I usually buy these books with the best of intentions and end up just looking at the pictures then sticking them on the shelve. I read this cover to cover, well almost and just couldn't wait to bake something. Saturday night, exciting, made cookies and cream cupcakes, peanut brittle and the Boston cake. Almost midnight, shattered and happy, cakes turned out beautifully. Would absolutely recommend it to the avid bakers out there.

The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home
The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home by Tarek Malouf (Hardcover - 14 Feb. 2013)