5.0 out of 5 stars This book transmits wonder and curiosity
I think, with regard to my review title, Brian Cox would be pleased. This book really is superb, it is written with a Childs sense of awe and wonder at the majesty of the world around us. An artist once said that a scientist doesn't see a flower in all it's beauty as if science detracts from the aesthetics of it, Richard Feynman - famous physicist - objected, saying I see...
Published on 10 Mar 2011 by D. Lane

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT Buy for Kindle!!!
An excellent book so far but I am very disappointed with the presentation on Kindle. All the pictures and diagrams are not clear at all and I've become very frustrated reading about a diagram that appears some pages later. I wish I had bought it in the normal book form form , where I'm sure I would have given it 5 stars, than wasting money by buying it for kindle...
Published on 24 Sep 2011 by Andy

‹ Previous | 115 16 17 18 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonders of the Universe by Professor Brian Cox, 2 Jun 2011
This review is from: Wonders of the Universe (Hardcover)
I missed the TV series but found this books contents excellent. Although I now have a degree my basic early schooling in the 1940's and 1950's had nothing at all on astrophysics. Even if it had the study of these aspects has moved on in leaps and bounds since that era. It is only comparatively recently since satellites and radio telescopes have enabled human knowledge to progress in understanding. Not to mention being able to produce such stunning and illustrative photographs that Cox has chosen for this book. Split into subject chapters in this way allowed me to take in the concepts as my bedtime read. This is a book I will keep for future reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 May 2011
This review is from: Wonders of the Universe (Hardcover)
I loved the TV series and this book explains everything with a bit more detail. I have to confess I don't really understand quite a bit of it but there are plenty of pictures of lovely Professor Cox to look at when the physics gets a bit too much!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful clever book that will never date A non-kindle must!, 28 May 2011
Sevillana (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonders of the Universe (Hardcover)
This book is very special. Not only does it contain Brian Cox's work of how the universe is formed, the photographs and production of the book are simply amazing. This is an example of a book that can never be kindlised and must be seen as a book to be savoured. The cleverest thing about it - is that lay people like myself can enjoy the work and begin to capture the wonder and beauty of our universe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonders of the universe, 23 May 2011
E. Knowles (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonders of the Universe (Hardcover)
The book arrived promptly and is an excellent read. It enables me to re-read the sections that I did not fully grasp from the television production.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fasinating!, 23 May 2011
Mrs. M. Scott (Cumbria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonders of the Universe (Hardcover)
Bought this for my Husband,s Birthday as he has always been interested in things like this.He is chuft to bits with it and has said it is unlike any other astronomy/science books he has read before because it is wrote in a way that all can understand.At last a science/astronomy book that you don't need a PHD to be able to read and understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!, 23 May 2011
This review is from: Wonders of the Universe (Hardcover)
This book gives a lot of detail into the universe. It is very well illustrated and extremely helpful to understand the basics of principles involved.
Very good service overall and well packaged.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brian Cox on display again -, 20 May 2011
Michael Taylor (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonders of the Universe (Hardcover)
This is another excellent book by Brian Cox but as in the TV series his presence does rather dominate. However I do recommend it and continue to admire him. Very good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brian Cox, 13 May 2011
This review is from: Wonders of the Universe (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my grandson and he was delighted with it.He has his own telescope and is a very keen astrologer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonders of the Universe - Fantastic!, 11 May 2011
J. Worsley (Plymouth, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonders of the Universe (Hardcover)
The TV series "Wonders of the Universe" was wonderful, and I found Brian Cox's enthusiasm about his subject infectious. He is a natural communicator, and makes complex theories seem reasonably easy to understand! I am delighted to have this book as a permanent reminder of the many areas explored in the series. The layout and text are clear and logical,and the book confirms the delight Brian has in his subject. The photographs are stunning, and some are extremely beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully produced - fact + awe (unusual), 27 April 2011
J. CURTIS - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonders of the Universe (Hardcover)
Brian's book backs up his equally beautifully-produced tv series on the Universe. For a materialist he is till filled with awe and wonder - he's still alive - a rare combination. He bows to the laws of space-time - but the truth, my darling is IN you, not 'out there'. Brian: Have you read the Bhagavad Gita?

‹ Previous | 115 16 17 18 | Next ›

Wonders of the Universe
Wonders of the Universe by Andrew Cohen (Hardcover - 3 Mar 2011)
13.60