5.0 out of 5 stars The tower
I found this book just as captivating as the first! One of my favourite series of books.
I spent the majority of my day off unable to complete any other tasks as the desire to keep reading was just too strong.
Beautifully concluded and all the individual stories ran along side each other smoothly.
In some sense the story was inspiring and uplifting. Makes...
Published 19 months ago by Paula Shrimpton

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read but not great
Published 18 months ago by Cool Dog

5.0 out of 5 stars The tower, 24 April 2013
This review is from: The Tower (Kindle Edition)
In some sense the story was inspiring and uplifting. Makes you want to feel that there is hope out there for us all, whether you believe in ANYTHING or not. The parallel between faith and science was well written and thought out.
I have thoroughly enjoyed ALL these books and although the story has come to a super conclusion, I shall miss not counting down to the next one.
Made me shed a tear at the end and that is a rare occurrence for me as a result of reading a book!
LOVED IT.....TOTALLY!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read but not great, 28 May 2013
Cool Dog (Cornwall, England) - See all my reviews
I have enjoyed this trilogy but must admit to feeling a little short changed in the end. After a complex plot the whole thing is done and dusted in the last 20 pages. There were no real shocks in the end and it was as if Mr Toyne either got bored or had a page limit to stick to. That said it did keep me absorbed enough to finish, which is more than can be said for a number of other reads recently

5.0 out of 5 stars The Tower is mesmerizing! It continues to unlock doors in hidden corners of the mind in a very intriguing and energizing way., 15 May 2013
This review is from: The Tower (Kindle Edition)
I must admit I didn't expect to love it even more than Sanctus. The puzzles keep unravelling in unexpected ways and the connections made along the way activate more than just the imagination...
The fast pace in which everything moves develops a maturity along the way combining history, occultism, science, and different value systems all very interesting to observe and fathom.
Even though the metaphor never closes, it leaves one with a calmness and understanding that keeps the neurology working long after the script has ended.
I've read The Tower on a beautiful trip with lots of amazing places to see at any time. However... I was always hurrying to get back to Ruin be it morning, afternoon or night. Reading The Tower was one of the best bits of the trip and the perfect ingredient for the journey!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 12 May 2013
This review is from: The Tower (Kindle Edition)
The story was easily picked up even though I hadn't read the previous books. Good momentum throughout and I didn't expect the "baddie" to be who he was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 9 May 2013
This review is from: The Tower (Kindle Edition)
A gripping, wonderful ending to a great story. Imaginative, innovative and original, this trilogy should be in everyone's book collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sancti, 8 May 2013
This review is from: The Tower (Kindle Edition)
What a series of books. If this could only give hope for our own future. Definitely will be recommending all Simon Toyne to friends and other readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 6 May 2013
This review is from: The Tower (Kindle Edition)
From start to finish - I couldn't put this book down. Well worth the wait after reading both Sanctus and The Key. Look forward to many more books written by Simon Toyne. Congratulations on a superb trilogy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn, it was a trilogy, 13 April 2013
This review is from: The Tower (Kindle Edition)
I only found the previous two books fairly recently, so I didn't have to wait too long for it to arrive on my kindle. I really wanted to make it last but I just had to keep turning the pages. Now there isn't another one to look forward to, and I can only hope the author doesn't decide these were the only books he had in him

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the earlier versions, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Tower (Kindle Edition)
Whilst I had to know what happened in the end this book did stretch my imagination to the limits at times. It was a shame when the other two were so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Tower, 15 May 2013
A. BECKETT-SMITH (Rednal Birmingham) - See all my reviews
Simon Toyne's writing is unfair,
His latest triumph The Tower leaves the reader begging for more. He grabs the reader by the throat and makes putting his work down to get on with your normal life an impossible task. You will burn the midnight oil just having to read the next page, then the next and so on until you are totally at his mercy and he then cruelly brings the experience to an epic conclusion.
Read this authors works and you will not be disappointed Mr Toyne has been likened to Dan Brown, I like Dan Brown. Simon Toyne has him by the short and curlies.
Robert Langdon should investigate Simon Toyne and decipher why the guy is so damned good.

The Tower (Sancti Trilogy 3)
The Tower (Sancti Trilogy 3) by Simon Toyne (Paperback - 21 Nov 2013)