5.0 out of 5 stars The best baking book I've seen .. ever.
I first heard about Dan's recipes from my sister. You must follow his recipes in the Guardian she said - they always work and they turn out exactly as they do in the picture. She was right and I've cooked so many of Dan's recipes and they always work every time. (In fact I have a sourdough loaf baking in the oven as I write this review!) I've make the Lemon curd today...
Published on 30 Sept. 2011 by Vanessa Kimbell

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the quality!
The recipes are just divine. The book cover is not.

I bought a couple as gifts but will be returning them. The spine & corners rip incredibly easily. It's like the book has been covered with newsprint.

Such a shame as it would have made a wonderful Christmas gift, if the quality were of a higher standard.

I will be keeping one copy for...
Published on 11 Oct. 2011 by Helluva

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Book, 24 Feb. 2012
S. Findlay (Wilts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Short and Sweet (Hardcover)
This is a cook book that does, to coin a phrase, 'exactly what it says on the tin'. I've already made a few of his wonderful recipes. A must buy I.M.O.

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure of lesser known recipes, 30 July 2013
This review is from: Short and Sweet (Hardcover)
Having seen some recipes by Dan in a newspaper, decided to purchase a book of them. Not disappointed, less common but very interesting recipes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Short and Sweet (Hardcover)
very good for bread baking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pam Corbin, 14 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Short and Sweet (Hardcover)
I love Dan, his baking and this book. He is a guiding light to all bakers and always brings something new to a recipe. Thank-you Dan. xx

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not short and not just sweet. But it is good., 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Short and Sweet (Hardcover)
Ok, I can't give a comprehensive review as I've not yet read every page and I've only tried three recipes so far.

But this guy has got me succeeding where other books have failed.

I've tried making bread a number of different ways and with different books but Dan's basic bread recipe hasn't failed me yet and I've used it about twenty times so far and continue to bake it, with slight variations, twice a week. I think the end result is great and my family agree. Ok, it doesn't keep forever but it's usually gone in a couple of days anyway.

Spelt and ginger biscuits. Tried twice and successful both times.  Not sure on their longevity as they've been eaten within two days both times.

Choux pastry. A toughy, but I like a challenge.

I've tried making eclairs using another very well reviewed book but as the second lot ended up in the bin, and the first lot weren't much better, I decided to try Dan.

Success first time.

Not sure about the chocolate filling though as it's still cooling mid recipe.

I've read a lot more than these few and have a long list of things to try as time permits.

The style is highly readable, the recipes are easy to follow, and the results - so far - make this my new go to book when I fancy baking.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not an experienced cook by any means and a definite novice when it comes to baking.

If you've still any doubts, download the free Kindle sample and try the bread recipe for yourself. Then buy the book in paper format.

It might be me, but electronics and cooking don't mix well on the same table whereas I don't mind splashing a book. Helps me find my favourite recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dan Lepard, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Short and Sweet (Hardcover)
Awesome product, amazing food :0) Would reoommend this to anyone who is not a confident baker/cook. Really easy to follow instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 29 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Short and Sweet (Hardcover)
A brilliant book for anyone who enjoys home baking. Easy to follow recipes and instruction for novices and professionals. As a retired chef lecturer I woud recommend this book to any student following a catering course with a specific interest in baking. Great book well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and Sweet, 16 Jun. 2012
Dickens "Dick" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Short and Sweet (Hardcover)
Excellent book with lots of special recipes and creative ideas for a variety of occasions and diets. Well presented and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't decide what to make first!, 31 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Short and Sweet (Hardcover)
Loved this this book. Full of variety. Some every day bakes and some more unusual. The recipes are quite thorough and enticing.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 5 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Short and Sweet (Hardcover)
Can't say enough good things about this book. Fantastically well written and the recipes, either complex or simple seem to just 'make sense'.

photography is great and, so far at least - the results are brilliant too..

essential, in my opinion

Short and Sweet
Short and Sweet by Dan Lepard (Hardcover - 29 Sept. 2011)