5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful!
I have had a bit of a problem trying to learn Irish grammar, especially as I was never taught proper grammar in English, and so had no reference points when it came to noun cases and declensions and the like.

Published 10 months ago by s j worrall

3.0 out of 5 stars clear grammar poor binding
Published on 11 May 2012 by coastalclassic

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful!, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Easy Learning Irish Grammar (Collins Easy Learning Irish) (Paperback)

I have Teach Yourself Irish grammar you really need to know, and while this is an excellent book, it does kind of throw you in at at the deep end a little, but Collins easy learning Irish grammar explains things simply and clearly, there are "What is?" sections at the start of each section e.g. "what is a Noun?, What is a conjunction?". These really help if you are not familiar with such terms, and are of great help to me as I am rather unfamiliar with them too.

In coclusion, I would say that if you are looking for your first grammar book for learning Irish, or just one that is easier to follow, you could do much worsethan to start with this one. Incidently, although other customers may have had issues with the binding, the copy I purchased was in very good condition, so it isn't a problem endemic to this volume, just dependant on the quality of the book you purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars clear grammar poor binding, 11 May 2012
I am new to learning Irish and I am no linguist so I cannot tell you how good this book is in absolute terms. However, I can understand it so probably most will! One major defficiency - the binding. It is really poor - I am on page 50(of 250ish) and all 50 pages(25 leaves) have come out. Consideribg this is a reference book I do understand the publisher's decision on binding. I know the book is cheap but why not charge another 50p and do a decent job of the binding? I have just bought a sheet music book from Germany for about a £1 more and the book has stitched binding on high quality paper so why cannot Collins do better? Really poor, really annoying!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Revision required, 5 Jan 2012
The concept of this book is very good. It has a nice layout, and all the major grammatical areas are covered. I have contacted Collins in relation to some Grammatical errors in the book, and they have advised that they will look again at the publication. Apart from the few errors, it is a worthwhile book, very attractive and well designed for learners of Irish Grammar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 Dec 2013
Rosemarie Burns "Rosie B" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Great help for the Grammar Revision I keep threatening to do. I am doing diploma in Irish Language and have dipped into this a fair few time to keep me on track

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling binding, 4 Mar 2013
This would have been a good book except that it fell apart the very first time I opened it due to appalling binding, rendering it completely useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Irish manic, 13 Jan 2013
Damien Graham (Marlborough, MA, US) - See all my reviews
Easy to follow well set out, clearly explained, plenty of examples to back up the information. Should help most Gaegleors. Excellent for me!!!!

Easy Learning Irish Grammar (Collins Easy Learning Irish)
Easy Learning Irish Grammar (Collins Easy Learning Irish) by Collins Dictionaries (Paperback - 3 Mar 2011)