5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing life story, forget prejudice, remember walk in someone's shoes...
I was quite shocked by the eejits 1 star review.

I heard about this book on Radio 4, the interview was amazing because you have a stereotypical view of the guy. He isn't actually Johnny Vegas, this is a character that he's created, in someways to deal with what he's gone through.

As a Catholic I've read with so much interest, I knew about Upholland,...
Published 9 months ago by Pucca84

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring in parts.
The story of Michael Pennington's youth is quite interesting - although his fixation with masturbation does get quite tedious. It tells of his emotional journey, and how the ranting self-pitying Johnny Vegas took over and became popular. Repeated descriptions of him getting drunk also start to get boring, but I suppose in order to get to know the 'real' Micheal/Johnny you...
Published 5 months ago by Pearly Queen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 510 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing...., 18 Feb 2014
I read a lot of Biogs. I was given a Kindle as a gift, what better way to christen it.... a book that made me laugh and cry, I WOULD RECOMMEND IT, IT'S A MUST READ....

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 15 Feb 2014
An interesting and entertaining read but would have liked less swearing. Left me wanting more about how he undid Johnny Vegas !

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful read., 29 Jan 2014
Wonderful story of his life, well told. Always liked johnny Vegas and was lovely to read about his childhood memories.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought, 22 Jan 2014
I had a hard time reading this book, so maybe it was the wrong book to buy . But I wish you all well if you try reading it

4.0 out of 5 stars Felt sorry for him., 20 Jan 2014
A good read for us Sintelliners. Enjoyed most of it.Laughed out loud at some stuff and felt sorry for him with other stuff going on in his head.Glad he put the record straight about his life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Becoming Johnny Vegas, 19 Jan 2014
I loved this book and give it a 5star rating .I would recommend it +++++ except the bit about saint Helen's being the best rugby team !! Surely he meant to say WIgan !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 18 Jan 2014
I grew up in Thatto Heath too but if I didn't I would still enjoy the book very much. Love it! When is the next one ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 Jan 2014
A brilliant read with plenty of laugh out loud moments, yet plenty of thought provoking insights. I'd recommend this book to friends and family

3.0 out of 5 stars book, 14 Jan 2014
John Hailing (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
love vegas but the clue is in the title ! "becoming" sometimes hard to follow & makes little sense but some laughs in there - it,s o.k.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great insight, 12 Jan 2014
Trisha (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This is a great book - unlike many autobiographies this gives an insight into who he really is. I cried laughing in the beginning and by the end I was willing him to get his break - which he obviously did. I felt like I had been privileged in being allowed into his secret world, like a trusted friend. I expected it to be a laugh a minute but he tells you at the start that this wasnt the intention - I've read other comics autobiographies and they try this and after a while it stops being funny. This is his life, warts and all, its dark at times and sad but he still manages to inject humour.

I'm still laughing at the image of the giant twix.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 510 | Next ›

Becoming Johnny Vegas
Becoming Johnny Vegas by Johnny Vegas (Hardcover - 26 Sep 2013)
10.00