5.0 out of 5 stars Great man great book
Very interesting view into his life and what drove him to such heights. I highly recommend this interesting lively book.
Published 16 months ago by Eileen

2.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, but not really an autobiography
I found this book really enjoyable, it was fun to read and certainly quite entertaining.

Published 13 months ago by Neil

5.0 out of 5 stars Great man great book, 27 Sept. 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, but not really an autobiography, 17 Dec. 2013
Neil - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

BUT it did lack the 'life story' element - the book starts with Usain was already in training and gives pretty much no background stories about him growing up, etc. If you'd like to understand his motivation and journey through his sporting career then this book is for you. If you want something more in-depth and about his real life story then you'll be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sick(amazing), 10 Nov. 2013
It is very good and cool, especially if you like athletics. He really lets you into what happens behind the scenes. LEGENDARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get to know Bolt, 19 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Faster than Lightning: My Autobiography (Hardcover)
It was a good read, fast and flowing like the man himself. I recommend it to all fans of Bolt and all those who doubt him because they don't bother to know or understand him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Faster than Lightning: My Autobiography (Hardcover)
Learnt a lot about Usain Bolt, who comes across as a very likeable person. Never knew how he graduated to 100m so was a good read. Good delivery as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Informed, informative informal., 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Faster than Lightning: My Autobiography (Hardcover)
A great read about about a rare breed: the honest legend. Uses a very "easy" style which hits the spot, without losing any of its impact. I would heartily recommend it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Illuminating, 24 Mar. 2014
If you want to know the surprisingly simple factors which have made him the Fastest Man on earth - read this book. Having been in the Bird's Nest Stadium in Beijing when he won the 100m in the 2008 Olympics, I loved reliving those magic moments.

A lot of fun getting to know the man and being inspired to achieve your dreams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration, 24 Sept. 2013
S. Lean (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Fabulous down to earth account of an extra ordinary athlete and human being's life. An honest account of what life is like, with no pretentious nonsense. An inspirational read for anyone, even those that aren't into sport. An outlook on life that should be applauded.

4.0 out of 5 stars Underneath the Cool and the Fun, a lesson about motivation and hard work, 15 May 2014
Athletes learn how to endure suffering. Elite athlete are masters at motivating themselves to give their best at critical times. Track athletes often prepare for the whole year to be at their peak performance for just one day, or even only 10 seconds for sprinters. I recently read Usain Bolt "Faster than lightning: my autobiography" and this is what I have learned about motivation.

RIVALRY:

Yohan Blake won both the 100m and 200m at the Jamaican Olympic trials for London. Usain Bolt finished only second and he was vexed. A few days later, while watching the race on TV, he noted something that gave him "such a fury": "the kid was running to the stands and celebrating in front of the bleachers. A finger was pressed on his lips Ssshhhhh! It seemed to me like he was telling the rest of the field to keep quiet - me included. (...) That one gesture had got my engine running. In an instant, I was psyched, revved up. Every step I made on the track after that evening on the sofa came from a place of pride, because I was training for Blake as well as the defense of my Olympic titles. I wanted to show up in London and prove to him and the world that I was a champion."

FAITH:

Usain Bolt starts his book recounting a serious car accident where he nearly lost his life. "This accident was the realization that my life had been saved by somebody else, and I didn't mean the designer of my airbag, or the car's seat belts. instead, a higher power had kept me alive. God Almighty. I took the accident to be a message from above, a sign that I'd been chosen to become The Fastest Man on Earth. My theory was that God needed me to be fit and well so I could follow the path He'd set me all those years ago when I first ran through the forest in Jamaica as a kid. I'd always believed that everything happened for a reason. (...) The Man Above had given me a gift and it was now down to me to make the most of it. My eyes had been open, I had God in my corner, and he had put me on earth to run _ and faster than any athlete, ever."

He continues in another chapter: " God always helped people who helped themselves. So whenever I was on a start line and I knew I'd done the work my coach had set me in training, I grabbed the crucifix around my neck, looked up in the sky and asked Him for enough strength to do my best."

INSPIRATION:

Usain Bolt recalls his early years of training and his coach's advice: "Coach told me to get a focus, an inspiration, something I could aim for whenever I trained, either on the gym or on the track. - You have to want something, he said. You have to set yourself goals so you can push yourself harder. Desire is the key to success."

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Faster than Lightning: My Autobiography (Hardcover)
He is a great character, enjoyable read and would be good as gift for anybody who enjoys sport and biographies.

Faster than Lightning: My Autobiography
Faster than Lightning: My Autobiography by Usain Bolt (Hardcover - 12 Sept. 2013)