Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 August 2012
Can't fault the book itself, the text is nicely laid out and each entry is followed by several translated examples of the verb in use in various tenses - this is really good. While not every verb is conjugated, there is a link in the index to show verbs that follow the same pattern. It has a handy feature that a click on the 5-way controller takes you from section of the book to the next

The star is lost because of the Verb Index which has not been divided up in any way so that my first task had to be to insert several bookmarks throughout to take me towards the right location otherwise I'd never look up a verb that starts with s.
When you get to the section, instead of hyperlinking the verb itself you then have to click across to a (useless) page number so that you can jump to the verb. It's still worth 4 stars (but see edit) since there isn't a better solution but I'd love to see something better for sale.

If you own the Collins Easy Learning German Grammar you may not need this since the grammar has its own verb index complete with examples - I suspect it may have many of the verbs here too.]

Edit: I've had to drop another star from this - it completely omits the Imperfect Subjunctive Tense (aka Subjunctive II)! In the explanation of the Subjunctive it mentions that 2 of the 3 forms of the Subjunctive are the Present Subjunctive and the Pluperfect Subjunctive. The only mention of the Imperfect Subjunctive is when we are told that the Imperfect Subjunctive of sein and haben is used to form the Pluperfect Subjunctive. Instead, it gives you the Conditional Tense which is not really a tense but the Imperfect Subjunctive of werden combined with the infinitive of the verb. (it needs the Imperfect Subjunctive for the Predicate phrase - ) I can't imagine why they would have omitted this tense. ich täte (imperfect subjunctive) es nicht - I wouldn't do it!
on 21 October 2012
I am currently studying A level German so I need to make sure I know most of the common verbs conjugations. This book is amazing and has been an awesome help while preparing essays etc. Every tense is covered in each verb conjugation! I really recommend this book to anyone who is studying German as this saves time with your work and ensures you're learning the conjugations along the way.
on 9 May 2013
bought this to help my daughter with her AS level ,apparently there is a fault on the verb wheel pointed out by her tutor, a grammatical point is replicated on both sides of the wheel and 1 grammar point is missing , not so helpful afterall
on 28 April 2013
The book is great, I'm have only started flipping first pages :-). It's what I expected. I. With Collins collection, I can easily understand German. And I recommend everyone buy it.
on 15 November 2014
The verb wheel is very useful, if a bit flimsy. I don't think it would stand up to extended use. However, by then I hope not to need it. The grouping of the various verbs in the book was confusing at first because they are put into similar conjugation types. This made looking up a verb difficult until I caught on but direction is there and I just missed it. I may be the only one this could happen to so don't let that put you off because by doing this they have managed to cover far more verbs than this slim volume would suggest. The layout is very clear too.
on 26 September 2014
It does what it says on the tin, and for the price it's an ok buy - but it really isn't that Kindle friendly.
Take the verb index at the back, which gives a very comprehensive list of verbs not included in the main set of tables. Each verb in the index has a page number so you can find the format this new verb takes in the main table - but I cannot seem to find a way to search for that page effectively.
If someone can tell me how they've got round that, I'd happily move the score up to 4
on 5 September 2011
Very helpful and clear to understand.
I am new to German and I believe this is a must have if you want to get your head around how this language works!!!
I would definitely recommend it!
on 28 December 2015
Excellent! My daughter is in year 7 and has started to learn German. I bought her this along with the dictionary. She hasn't used the verb tables yet because they are still doing vocabulary work, but I've looked through the it and it's excellent. There are hundreds of verbs in there and it will be brilliant as she comes to learn more about Getman grammar.
on 2 February 2016
Book is great, recommended for GCSE students and all people who what to learn German. The verb wheel has the most used verbs, which is very helpful when you need a quick check - great touch. The company was very helpful when there was a problem, very quick responses to my emails. Over all great product.
on 20 January 2012
As soon as I opened this verb book I knew it would be invaluable. The verbs are set out so clearly in their different cases. Exactly what I needed to gain a clearer understanding of how German verbs work. Great little verb wheel for the most common verbs too. Handy for handbag or pocket.