4.0 out of 5 stars German School Dictionary
Bought for my daughter just about to start secondary school as a school requirement.
I looked at several dictionaries and found the Collins to be the clearest print.
I chose this version as it gave examples of how the word could be used in a sentence, rather than just the translation word.
I thought the sentence gave you a better understanding and helped...
Published 11 months ago by wj2000

1.0 out of 5 stars cheaply produced rubbish
Published 5 months ago by phil goodland

1.0 out of 5 stars cheaply produced rubbish, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Collins German School Dictionary (Collins School) (Paperback)
I'm not faultng the content, it's the quality I have a problem with. Within days of use - this is a SCHOOL dictionary, remember, and we all know how heavy-handed children can be - individual pages had started to break free and fall like confetti to the ground. The binding is absolute RUBBISH. Cheap, horrible - badly made. A school dictionary - or ANY book for that matter - should have a decent binding and be designed for years, not days. Save your money and buy something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inferior quality, 15 Dec 2013
The dictionary has not been bound properly, some type is missing off some pages and they have started to fall out after only a few weeks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 12 July 2013
Poor quality. I have used it only twice and the pages have started to fall out. It would unusable for a child.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, 26 Nov 2013
My daughter has only used this a handful of times and tens of pages have fallen out already....very poor quality. I would definitely not recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars German School Dictionary, 24 Aug 2013
I thought the sentence gave you a better understanding and helped show you how to put sentences together, especially by giving key phrases and reiteration to aid learning. I would have liked one of these dictionaries when I was learning!

1.0 out of 5 stars The pages really do fall out, 31 Mar 2014
R. WILLIAMSON (Norwich United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
We bought a copy a few months ago from Amazon.co.uk - pages fell out as soon as we opened it so we returned it to Amazon. The replacement copy was better, but after a couple of months of very careful use, pages are now falling out of this in great chunks too.
This could be an excellent dictionary, but Collins should withdraw it from sale until they've sorted the problems.
Update: We purchased the Oxford equivalent, Oxford School German Dictionary, which is excellent - dictionary is very similar, but properly bound.

5.0 out of 5 stars New starter at German, 9 Feb 2013
Excellent little dictionary for starters learning German my son who has just starter High School is finding this dictionary very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dictionary, 5 Jan 2014
This was purchased as a christmas present for a friends daughter on request and she has since told me it is very good and she was so pleased with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pages fall out., 23 Oct 2013
My Son has only been using this dictionary for a few weeks now and the pages are falling out already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Danke!, 4 Jan 2013
I purchased this item for my son to assist him with his homework, I purchased the French one for my other children previously.

Collins German School Dictionary (Collins School)
Collins German School Dictionary (Collins School) by Collins Dictionaries (Paperback - 6 Jan 2011)
4.19