4.0 out of 5 stars Clear grammar explanations but watch out for the verb list, 21 Dec 2011
E. WOOLSTON (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Like the other excellent grammar books in the Collins Easy Learning series, this one has clear explanations and helpful rules all written in plain English. There are plenty of tips to make learning easier and the programmer has managed to keep a good balance (mostly) between appearance and ease-of-use. The explanations would make this an excellent tool for a language teacher.

I've taken one star off for 2 reasons:
1. While, like the other books in this series, this one has an invaluable verb index with conjugations of irregular verbs, in the French Grammar the Kindle programmer has put the Verb index into a table format rather than a simple text list as in the other books. I assume he has done this for appearance but unfortunately, it is difficult to navigate through and it frequently freezes my Kindle. The instructions to 'Click Right on the 5-way button' will often take you to the next section rather than to the link within the verb table. In fact, I usually can't access it at all making it useless.
2. The book totally ignores the Past Historic/Simple Past tense both in the text and in the verb tables. although this is the tense which you will come across frequently when you are reading French Literature. Does the writer think that we won't want to read anything in French?
In spite of this, it is still a very good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars French Grammar for Dummies, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Easy Learning French Grammar (Collins Easy Learning French) (Paperback)
Exactly what I needed to polish up my grammar. Instructions on all aspects of French grammar. The verb tables in the back of the book were the most helpful part.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant!, 13 Oct 2012
I bought this and the Italian version to help me with work for my training to be a language teacher. Perfect to keep in my handbag for when I quickly need an answer and for all my language assessments!

5.0 out of 5 stars tres bien, 26 Jan 2014
the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I like the format of this book. It breaks down French Grammar into readable chunks.

There are some French learning text books that either over complicate things or don't do a good job of explaining things. This is not one of them. Simple, straightforward and helpful guidance is in each chapter. It really will help most French Students.

I did have an earlier edition Collins Easy Learning French Grammar (Collins Easy Learning) (Collins Easy Learning Dictionaries) which fell into the bath. This is the exact same save for it looks prettier. (So if the earlier edition is cheaper I'd recommend purchasing that one.)

If you're keen on learning the language this is a good starter book. For those who want a little more I'd also recommend Schaum's Outline of French Grammar (Schaum's Foreign Language Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent revision material, 21 July 2013
Dredun "Drew" (Ayrshire Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is a very good series. I liked this so much that I bought the spanish grammar version as well. Has proved a great help in revising my grammar as I am about to start an open university in both languages.

5.0 out of 5 stars A REALLY USEFUL LEARNING AID, 18 May 2013
When you need to check a point of grammar, it is easy to find what you are looking for in this handy little book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all students of French, 12 April 2013
I purchased this book when I was in third year at secondary school and even now, having completed the second year of my French degree, I still use it sometimes! The book is well organised, with clear, simple explanations. Obviously it doesn't cover the more intricate points of French grammar but it is an excellent book for those just starting to learn the language who want to find a book that will not over-complicate things (like some grammar books tend to). The verb tables at the back are invaluable! Even if, like me, you have been learning French for a while, it's always useful to have this book to hand when you want to refresh your memory and go over the basics again.

I would 100% recommend this book to anyone who is studying French, whatever your level.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Learning, well yes, but one problem, 21 Feb 2013
Mr. I. Willoughby "Willows" (London) - See all my reviews
The book arrived well in time, but one problem I do have is there is nothing about the near future tense, which I think has been mentioned in a previous review. However, apart from this, nice and handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Collins comes up trumps again., 25 Dec 2012
Mrs. M. Jones - See all my reviews
If my French lacks fluency, this compact Grammar cannot be blamed.
It is comprehensive, simple to understand and full of useful tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 11 Dec 2012
carrut (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
a very useful brush up on French Grammar, which I downloaded in an emergency on holiday! Easy read ( as far as a book on grammar can get! )

Easy Learning French Grammar (Collins Easy Learning French)
Easy Learning French Grammar (Collins Easy Learning French) by Collins Dictionaries (Paperback - 6 Jan 2011)
7.99