Format: Paperback|Change

I suspect like many others I keep saying I will not but any more of these mash-up type novels. However, when I was in a bookshop the cover of this book caught my attention and on an impulse I decided to get it. Not really expecting much I thought this may while away some time, but I must admit that I did get caught up in the story.

Louisa May Alcott's popular classic has been added to by Lynn Messina, who has given it vampiric parts. The March's are vampires in a world that is supposedly human and vampire integrated, however there are still vampire slayers around, and so the vampires have created their own cadre, these are called defenders who are vampire slayer slayers. Jo wants to become one of these defenders.

With vampire slayers around though the family is under threat, especially from the nefarious Dr Bang, who has developed potions that can actually make vampires ill and cause them to die. With the vampiric parts added this makes the story a little bit different and should appeal to all ages, and it is quite a good read.
on 31 December 2014
My granddaughter *ahem* devoured it :-)
on 9 August 2014