5.0 out of 5 stars One to add to your collection!
This is a fab cookery book. I regularly follow Lucas's recipes in the Sunday Times and was delighted to see I could have a collection for my shelf.

I am a huge fan of Nigel Slater's style, he shares the recipe for what he had for his tea last night and I think Lucas is in the same category. Not particularly fancy or chefy, just great recipes.

I...
Published on 19 May 2011 by Buivenga

2.0 out of 5 stars very predictable samey content
There's nothing particularly novel in the recipes this book. It reads like you've seen the recipes somewhere before. It will get used but not a book if you want surprises or inspiration.
Published 8 months ago by Brian muffin maker

4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Pictures and even better Food, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Good Things To Eat (Hardcover)
This is a cookbook not for purists but rather for those who like to cook, who enjoy testing their skills without getting into molecular cookery and who enjoy the delicious challenges that Lucas puts in your direction. There is nothing in this excellent selection of recipes that someone who can follow a recipe cant complete but what is interesting is the sheer variety of menus. The pictures are excellent and the guidance good.

definately one for the kitchen shelf and well used

5.0 out of 5 stars Every recipe a winner!, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Good Things To Eat (Hardcover)
We have many cookery books and have made many recipes from them including this one. The outstanding feature for this one is that every recipe delivers wonderful and often surprisingly new flavour combinations without the fussy time-consuming elements so often present. There are a number of recipes which we have gone back to time and again - the slow cooked shoulder of lamb and almost any of his spaghetti or risotto dishes are a great place to start. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Classics, 8 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Good Things To Eat (Hardcover)
This is a classy volume which I initially borrowed from the local library before deciding to buy. It is a refreshing alternative to the current spate of "hairshirt" cook books based on excluding elements of the traditional British diet, and which often include difficult-to-obtain ingredients. If you enjoy tasty, simple food cooked well and you are not avoiding meat, fish, dairy or gluten etc., then this collection of recipes could well be for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book!, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Good Things To Eat (Hardcover)
For about a year I was treated to wonderful dinners by my daughter - she was following Lucas Hollweg's recipes. This Christmas I treated myself to my own copy of his book and I haven't had a 'dud' recipe so far; he has tested and retested everything that he has written. In addition to being accurate, his recipes are unusual and inventive and yet, not too complicated to prepare at home at a short notice. Brilliant book!

5.0 out of 5 stars better than good..., 1 July 2011
This review is from: Good Things To Eat (Hardcover)
Bought the book for the cucumber gaspacho recipe and it was so very good, had to buy a blender to make it in so the lovely cold green soup didn't splurt around the kitchen and all over the book... since then have tried loads - highly recommend the roast chicken with aioli. This book has given me the confidence to experiment in the kitchen and start cooking... thank you Lucas Hollweg for the inspiration...

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Good Things To Eat (Hardcover)
Having keenly read Lucas Hollweg's recipes in the Times every sunday I was thrilled to see he had written a recipe book . I purchased 2 , one for myself and one for my nephew, a keen cook. Different, delicious recipes that are easy to put together .

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Lucas!, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Good Things To Eat (Hardcover)
We went to Sunday lunch with friends and they cooked the main course and dessert from this book. So I bought the book and have been cooking from it regularly since. The recipes are delicious and not too chefy and are a big hit with all the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book - what a hell of a chef and so understated, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Good Things To Eat (Hardcover)
We love this book! Borrowed it from the library and made so many of the dishes in the few weeks we had it that we bought it and use it on a regular basis. Inventive and straightforward our lad as we call him is a real star!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things to eat, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Good Things To Eat (Hardcover)
Superbe book, full of easy wholesome recipes not yards of ingredients and everything I have tried has been really good. Bought book on recommendation from a friend and am not disappointed would also recommend it!!

2.0 out of 5 stars very predictable samey content, 1 Jun. 2014

Good Things To Eat
Good Things To Eat by Lucas Hollweg (Hardcover - 28 April 2011)