4.0 out of 5 stars Thinking of becoming a vegetarian? This is the book to start with, 29 Sept. 2010
foodieholic (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
I'm a recent convert to the Dennis cotter's books and have found his recipes interesting as well as inspiring. He has a persuasive style of writing which makes you want to go and cook the dish as soon as you have finished reading the recipe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Wild Garlic, Gooseberries and Me: A chef's stories and recipes from the land (Paperback)
Will use this often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for seasonal recipes, 9 Feb. 2010
We grow own food and this is fantastic for suggestions of what to grow and how to use it. Some unusual recipes -well worth a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for kitchen and coffee table, 1 Oct. 2012
The cover alone made me covet this book. I put off purchasing for quite a while but everytime I saw it in the stores I wanted it. Finally, when I went to purchase it there were none available so I hit Amazon. It is an amazing book with lots of details on fresh produce, nutritional information, recipes and well illustrated. I purchased it 2nd hand and am glad to have it in my kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wild Pickings, 17 Nov. 2012
FJM (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Sadly, I bought this book weeks after I had finished writing a cookery book for foragers; it is one of the most inspiring cookery books I have read. Although there are recipes, it is so much more than a collection of recipes and an absolute 'must buy' for keen foragers, who cook. I completely agree with the author; carrageen is over powering - yes we sing from the same hymn sheet.

Wild Garlic, Gooseberries and Me: A chef's stories and recipes from the land