Format: Hardcover|Change

on 27 December 2012
I first discovered Bob Burke's Harry Pigg when I got my Kindle and the first book of the series was the first e-book I purchased. I found the stry hilarious. Burke mixes traditional fairy tale characters with pulp fiction private eye stories adding a twist of the bizarre similar to that found in Malcom Pryce's Aberystwyth series and Jasper Fforde's Nursery Crime adventures. The Curds and Whey Mystery centers around strange goings on at a bed and breakfast place run by one Miss Muffet. I'll say no more than that other than to say the ending is suitably strange and sets us up for a fourth book in the series - personally I can't wait.
on 10 February 2013
This is the third Third Pig mystery I have read. I am not sure what sort of audience it is aimed at but it just appealed to my weird sense of humour. This book has everything from magic beanstalks to flying carpets and of course Harry Pigg himself, the great detective.
on 16 May 2015
This book is a real page turner and I have had many late nights because of this book! It is a great book for ages between 9-16
on 22 April 2014
Very good book I would recommend it ! Then even even never rd j xjenxjrbfrhbc (to fill in minimum amount of words)
on 10 February 2013
Again a good read. Bob gets funnier with every read. I look forward to the next book & will read as soon as I can!
on 31 August 2013
Pleasant enough wee read, if a bit lightweight. I take it they are aimed at kids so perfect for them.
on 29 June 2014
Plenty of plot and side plots to keep the brain going. Nice play on words too. Kept picking it up.
on 22 December 2013
A quick read with loads of laugh out loud moments great fun! A little gem. Read all 3 in the series
on 22 August 2014