on 5 March 2014
Really easy to follow, and cleverly structured so you gradually build up your grammatical knowledge without it feeling onerous. Paul's style is quite slow and deliberate and some may find it irritating, but if you can get over that, it does sink in. I'm on disk 2 and am feeling confident in what I've learnt so far.
on 8 December 2013
I've been to Italy a couple of times in last 2 years and really like it. I struggled with languages at school but this is really good and I'm picking Italian up quite quickly. I really like the teaching method. It's really easy to follow.
on 30 July 2011
I have attempted many language courses on both cassette and CD over the years and this method by Paul Noble is by far and away the vey best I have ever used. It is so easy to follow and understand and almost without thinking I am now constructing sentences in Italian and understanding the spoken word very easily. I no longer translate from English to Italian but think in the language itself. To become fully fluent it would obviously be preferable to live or spend time in Italy but this course gives me the confidence to converse with the Italians themselves and I hope to go on to further my studies in this beautiful language. Absolutely recommended.
on 8 February 2012
I have been trying to learn languages for sometime and every time, I have been really discouraged by language teachers and audio, I must say, this is the best language course available. You seriously must be crazy not to get you hands on it.
on 24 October 2013
Having tried several other methods this is BY FAR the best. I listen in my car and have quickly picked up phrases and gained confidence. (I am on disk three but am so impressed that I wanted to come on and review- something I don't do very often.) His voice and tone are clear and reassuring and he uses a native language speaker to say the phrases and ensure pronunciation is correct. I love the way he explains things and makes them easy to apply more widely. I used to get stressed trying to learn but now I look forward to it, knowing that I will be given all the tools I need.
on 23 July 2011
After completing Paul Noble's Italian course I would highly recommend it for anyone starting out in Italian. My girlfriend is Italian and was very impressed with the level of language I used with ease after completing Paul Noble's course.

The course equips you with enough language to get through a trip or holiday in Italy and prepare you for future studies. It gives a fantastic grounding in the language, covering past, present and future tense in a wide variety of situations.

Importantly however it builds confidence, it gives you an "I can" feeling and Paul Noble makes you feel relaxed and calm throughout the course. Critically he wants you to forget things so he can remind you later, and as he repeats phrases many times through the course (however, in different contexts so never boring) the words become ingrained in your mind, and when Paul asks you to say something it comes straight out without any need for thought.

Considering the price of this item, the amount of language you gain, and the success of the course (trust me, you will be speaking Italian), I give the course 5 stars.

After consigning many a book to the cupboard to collect dust, I will be dusting them down and completing them after finishing the Paul Noble course which has convinced me that learning a foreign language should be fun, stress free, and most importantly, it can be done!
on 13 November 2013
This is a good course if you don't have time to follow books. Ideal for driving/ using on a personal MP3. It is a bit too repetitive for me, but the repetition does of course increase exposure!
It would be nice if there was a story to follow as well such as the Linguaphone 'All Talk' series which is excellent.
I learned Italian as a teenager and bought the course as a refresher and it worked very well. I imagine it would also be good for a complete beginner and you will certainly be putting sentences together after the first few lessons.
on 26 January 2013
This is not a "trick". It is logical, step-wise learning.

I hate the usual "learn the sounds" style of tourist phrase books. I can't take them in.

This says "here is a language element, here is how to use it."

Then it says "put these elements together to make a sentence."

It's just perfect for me, none of this learning is throw-away, and it's interesting.

Most of all, I can just have it on in the background and still learn.

Highly recommended!
on 23 January 2013
This is a really well set out course, you can master the essentials quite easily and move through the discs at your own pace. The grammar is explained very well with easy ways to remember. The booklet is slim but it is easy to find what you need. As a beginners course I think it is extremely well thought out. I hope Paul Noble decides to do a Learn Mandarin course like this one as I would definitely buy that one too!
on 9 May 2013
I really loved this series. So good. I always hated languages but this has been taught really well so you learn easily. I feel more confident now and I want to go on to learn more - more of the grammar and vocabulary so I can reach a higher level. But Paul doesn't seem to have another one at a more intermediate level, which is a real shame, as I found the teaching method worked really well.