5.0 out of 5 stars Easy read
Fun and easy read sometimes it's good to read a non thinking book as I call them a little book of joy in this troubled world
Published 3 months ago by Pat Taft

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, childish, pointless book
Published 2 months ago by Di Webster

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 2 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Treasures, a really enjoyable read, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Hidden Treasures (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed reading Hidden Treasures by Fern Britton. The setting is Cornwall and Fern transports you there. The characters soon become friends as you read and you long to find out what happens to them. It made me laugh and totally absorbed me. A real page turner for me. I had a couple of very late nights because I just couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read New Beginnings and hope Fern is already writing her next novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Believable characters and a wonderful story, 13 May 2012
This review is from: Hidden Treasures (Kindle Edition)
What a great book, infact so good I read it in two nights. I love my kindle and am tend to read
new books straight away. I took this with me on a trip and stayed up half the night to finish it.
It was a great 'will they - wont they' story with easy to like characters the whole thing flowed
effortlessly. Cant wait to read other books by Fern Britton.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read., 2 May 2012
This review is from: Hidden Treasures (Hardcover)
I read Fern's first book and looked forward to her second one and I'm not disappointed. It's very easy to get into with believable characters and storyline and I'm now looking forward to her next book. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Second time Lucky!!, 11 Jun 2012
realovesbooks (South east London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hidden Treasures (Hardcover)
I read Fern Britton's New Beginnings last year but I put it down just after half way through as I was finding it a real challenge to carry on as it wasn't gripping my attention. I decided to give Fern another try and so decided to read Hidden Treasures.

With her children now off hand it is time for Helen to leave her cheating husband and make a new life for herself. Helen is making her new life in a quaint Cornish village of Pendruggan. Before long Helen is making a new set of quirky friends and has also caught the attention of more than one man's eye!

Thing is romance is not on the top of Helens list as she wants the chance to be free and independent. Helens best friend from London Penny, is soon heading to Penduggan to start shooting a new T.V series which also brings the help of Helen's ex, who is intent on getting Helen back but will Helen open her heart to any of these men she has caught the attention of?

I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this book I am glad I gave Fern Britton another try. The book gets off to a great cosy start and introduces us to some typical quirky country folk who were a joy to read. I really loved Simple Tony and I wish he had featured more in this book but maybe in this case less was more.

If you are looking for romance this is a great read for you with a love triangle turning into a steamy love square! The author really kept us guessing when it came to who Helen would end up with, if anyone, but the big shock for me was a relationship which formed between Helen's best friend Penny and a certain someone!

I really enjoyed this book and found it very hard to put down. I did find the first half of the book was a lot better than the second half because as soon as the whole television slash fame part began in the book my attention started to waiver but it picked up again towards the end. I hope Fern's next book will leave out any kind of fame/celebrity content as her writing is much more enjoyable when this is not included.

I will be picking up another of Fern Britton's books in future as I enjoyed this one even though I was a little hesitant to read another one of the author's books, but this is a pleasant read one that is worth picking up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another enjoyable read, 30 April 2012
This review is from: Hidden Treasures (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this latest offering from Fern. It is set in Cornwall which is one of my favourite places and I could imagine the quirky characters as I have met most of them on summer holidays spent there! I loved the character Tony and if I owned a cottage like the main character Helen, then I would want Tony to come and work in my garden! The love triangle was amusing and I was rooting for Helen to make the right choice. If you are going on holiday this summer then this would be a good book to take with you. Looking forward to the next book by Fern.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, childish, pointless book, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Hidden Treasures (Kindle Edition)
This is the first, and last, book of Fern Britton's I've read. Honestly, a child could have done better. I persevered with it, in the hope it would get better but the inane chatter of a one dimensional character was unrelenting. It was clichéd (all Cornishmen are surfers?) and badly written. She seems to specialise in sentences, and as for the dialogue between characters, it was quite painful to read at times. Her main descriptive talents seemed to have been reserved for items (Jo Malone candles and designer bags) with very little thought given to the characters.

Its not often I feel strongly enough to leave a review about a book but if you like well thought out characters and original story lines, well any story lines really, please don't waste your time on this. Safe to say I won't be purchasing any more of her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Treasures- Fern Britton, 4 May 2012
Jill 247 (Chesterfield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden Treasures (Kindle Edition)
Really Enjoyed reading this book from Fern I could not put the book down. You could imagine everything on how people and the area looked. My only regret is I have finished reading the book and I have not got another book of ferns to read. Cant wait for her next book if there is one.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Hidden Treasures (Kindle Edition)
Story predictable, pedestrian and characters one dimensional. Writing style immature and fussy!
I can only assume this book was published because of the 'name' of the writer rather than any literary merit. I find that in itself disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fern does it agin, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Hidden Treasures (Kindle Edition)
Fern Britton is a brilliant authoress......

I loved this book, telling the story of the lives of a sleepy seaside village, how they welcome in a new resident and all the baggage that she brings along with her. The ups and downs, secrets and scandals, it's all there to be read.

A great read with plenty of giggles along the way.

Hidden Treasures
Hidden Treasures by Fern Britton (Paperback - 11 Oct 2012)
3.86