Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 November 2013
I recently had to spend a few days in Portugal (yes, I know life's hard) and this was my weapon of choice for getting through the linguistic jungle that's out there for the uninitiated. I'm luck in that I speak both French and Spanish, and Portuguese falls somewhere in between these two giants, so I was able to internalise quite a lot before I travelled, but this little book was more than helpful on a day-to-day communication basis.

Buy it. Even if you're not planning a trip to Portugal. Buy it.
on 8 November 2013
This book has all the attributes I wanted in a small foreign language book. It is not too small to be difficult for an old codger to read easily, but is not so bulky as to be a nuisance to carry in holiday clothing and to use whilst 'on the hoof'. I particularly like the clarity of the of the print. Thanks to the producers.
on 11 October 2012
It is the perfect product for me. I'm going to Portugal in 3 weeks for 5 months, I don't know the language which isn't a problem as my partner is Portuguese. He suggested that I purchase some help books just in case I had to travel anywhere without him. I came across this one, it was too expensive and it was looking for, an easy learning phrasebook which I could use to navigate myself around the country.

It arrived very swiftly (it would of been even faster if my local postmen weren't striking!) and it perfect to fit in my pocket or handbag. The phrases are easy to learn and each phrase has the pronunciation explained beneath it. It is extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to learn the basic's of the Portuguese language.
on 17 March 2014
Small enough to carry around.... was great for buying tickets at Lisbon train station, directions,quick revision of numbers and translating menus. Would recommend it.
on 1 April 2013
I love it. Is perfect for what I need. Is the perfect size for poket. Perfect for traveling. good price
on 26 December 2012
This phrasebook is well ahead of most. It caters for many needs and is easy to use. I've marked it down a little just on account of the dictionary section which is, by necessity, rather sparce. I would prefer to use a separate volume thus giving more dpace in this one for more phrases. A very good addition to the luggage,
on 18 July 2015
Great size book but not an easy language to learn/pronounce, especially to juggle when already trying to learn another language! Ashamed to say instead fell in line with the majority and relied upon the locals in the Algarve who you typically need to encounter who speak good English.
on 2 May 2016
An excellent complement for a weekend trip to Lisbon. This pocket sized book comes with separate sections for different situations you're likely to encounter on a day-to-day basis.
on 18 October 2015
A very usefull booklet when it finally arrived after several refusals to accept my new debit card details and thus cancelations of my order !
on 24 March 2016
Great little book. Small enough to put in back pocket if needs be!. Has enough information too. Good price also.