5.0 out of 5 stars Turkish Language pocket book by Collins.
This is an excellent little book for the person wishing to know more about Turkey and the Turkish language.

The size of the book means that it can be easily carried and if travelling can thus provide sufficient information to use in any particular Turkish location.

Published on 18 Aug. 2012 by William Stewart

3.0 out of 5 stars Turkish Phrasebook
Found it extremely difficult to find the A to Z. I had another teacher with me and neither of us found it very easy to use.
Published 7 months ago by Helen Lincolnshire

5.0 out of 5 stars Turkish Language pocket book by Collins., 18 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Collins Turkish Phrasebook (Collins Gem) (Paperback)

The English-Turkish -Turkish English dictionary at the end of the book contains a very plentiful supply of commonly used words. The various sections are Colour Coded for easy reference.

I find this book an invaluable companion and it is great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars tesekkur ederim, 8 Oct. 2012
Very good value for money - user friendly to the extent that I found it better than any paperbased phrase book I have ever used. A rapid type-in of a word in English ...and there it was (with phonetic pronunciation) ..or phrases about whatever I needed. Likewise if I saw a Turkish word on a menu or whatever, in seconds I had the English translation. I valued the clear and helpful sections on grammar and pronunciation - and on the Turkish culture, with basics like the hop on/hop off buses and how to hail them anywhere as they passed and what is polite and not polite manners in Turkey. And great being able to just buy it from the Kindle shop instead of having to find a shop selling something suitable before travelling. And not having yet another item to pack and cart around, but constantly there with my books and daily newspaper on my Kindle.

4.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 12 Dec. 2012
well laid out, easy to access, and plenty of useful words and phrases, plus good guide to pronounciation. value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Book, 1 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Collins Turkish Phrasebook (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
We took this book with us to Turkey not really thinking we would need to refer to it much, if at all. As is happened my husband ended up with a blocked and very painful ear. I was able to write bullet points of the problem in Turkish and show it to the pharmacist who immediately knew what the problem was and dispensed medication straight away. It also came in handy to find out about ingredients. I would certainly recommend you take this book with you, you never know when you might need it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners!, 3 Oct. 2014
Laps89 (Caerphilly) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Turkish Phrasebook (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
Absolutely love this book! I didn't realise how small it was before I bought it, but pocket size is always handy and the writing is big enough! Its divided into handy sections with pronunciation tips that are really good unlike some other Turkish books I have ordered! Definitely recommend it for a trip to Turkey, or to get the basics when learning the language! I am returning to Turkey to meet the partners family in November and feel that I will be a little better prepared!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Turkish Phrasebook, 19 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Collins Turkish Phrasebook (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
This was a very useful book travelling around Turkey. Certainly gave me the confidence to try-out some words and sentences which was appreciated by the recipients of my efforts; be it sometimes it broke the ice and made some people laugh - quite a lot!

Useful travel tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little book, 26 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Collins Turkish Phrasebook (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
Excellent and very handy Turkish phrase book. Easy to follow and contains the relevant everyday words and phrases needed while on holiday getting about, sightseeing and shopping. very well formulated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muhteºem!, 4 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Collins Turkish Phrasebook (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
Fantastic! this little gem was a total life saver. I took it with me during the easter holidays when I went on an Archaeological expedition in Turkey with my MA class. I had already taken some beggiers Turkish classes before I went which i am very glad of, Turkish pronunciation can be very challanging and the book doesnt really help with that, you really need to hear things said in the beggining. However for someone who has already had a little practise speaking this book is just the thing. I already speak a phonetic language anyway so i didnt find teh pronunciation as challanging as some of my fellow archaeologists did however i have a terrible time remembering the actuall words. This book is split into easy to navigate sections all of which are colour coded so its easy to quickly flip to the section you need, for instance the menu reader is purple which would have been very useful had i ever remembered to take it with me to our evenign meals. it works btoh as a dictionary if you are lookign for a specific word but it also has sections with complete frases which can come in very handy when you are in a hurry to find what you need to say such as what you are expected to say when you are welcomed into someone home or bussiness or hotel and "its too expensive", "go away, i dont want to buy" and for us femele members of the expedition when we were unescorted in some of the more rural places we visited we found "im married" a very usefull phrase :P. all in all its a fantastic little book though if you are learning completely from scratch i would suggest also getting some kind of audio tape to help with the pronunciation. Also it fits in your pocket which is so much better than alot of othr phrase books which are quite cumbersom.

4.0 out of 5 stars A proper little gem, 8 Nov. 2012
I bought the kindle version of this phrasebook for a lazy long Turkish weekend in the hope I could at least show willingness to try the language. The kindle version was less easy to navigate than I expected but that's hardly Collin's fault and more the limitations of electronic books-great for a novel but in a reference work there's nothing faster than a thumb. I found the content good. Not overwhelming but well chosen, helpfully laid out with easy pronunciation help. Good advice too in certain situations. Certainly recommended and next time I'll take the real thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start, 4 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Collins Turkish Phrasebook (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
This little gem - pardon the pun! - gave me a fantastic start to learning Turkish and I still keep it handy at all times.

Its small, lightweight and has all the handy little phrases you will need while travelling and making new friends.
It has a very large section for menu reading with almost every food imaginable on it, plus sections on what to say if you need a doctor and a basic grammar section so you can start putting sentences together.

Collins Turkish Phrasebook (Collins Gem)
Collins Turkish Phrasebook (Collins Gem) by HarperCollins (Paperback - 13 May 2010)