Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 September 2015
Service very good book given as a present
on 21 March 2013
I would recommend this book to all fans of Jane Austen.
Lots of illustrations. Each chapter revolves around an object associated with this amazing woman.
on 16 April 2016
Good book very interesting
on 20 January 2013
Heard this on radio 4 last week, wanted to know more. A brilliant read. Interesting facts about Jane Austin & her family.
on 31 December 2014
Gift for my daughter
on 2 March 2013
I am a great fan of Jane Austen's novels and, having heard about this biography on a radio interview, was keen to read it. i was not disappointed. The approach is new and the unfolding story reveals a complex and interesting woman who was much more worldly wise than we might have imagined. I shall reread her novels now that I understand more about the events that shaped her life and informed her writing. I would definitely recommend it.
on 7 March 2013
I have almost finished this book and am already feeling really sad that Paula didn't add another 10 'small things' to write a chapter on. I absolutely love the way that this book doesn't follow the usual path of born/childhood/adulthood/got ill and died. It was a wonderful idea for a book and totally brings Jane Austen to life.Lots of great illustrations too.Brilliant!
on 6 April 2013
I've always enjoyed Austen's works but am certainly not a fanatic! This brought what up until now, has been a rather stereotyped character to life, in the most enthralling, readable and fascinating way. Her books will now have to be re-read, as they have now been transformed, and a whole new light has been shed on the period in which she lived. Wonderful
on 28 February 2013
A thought provoking and fascinating book which prompts us as readers to question things we think we know about Jane Austen. The author evidently knows her subject well and writes with respect and understanding of Jane Austen's life and work. A book to keep and read again.
on 28 May 2015