4.0 out of 5 stars Cars and Trucks and Things That Go by richard scarry
This is an amusing book for little boys I bought it for my sons who now have boys so they also enjoy
Published on 28 Aug 2007 by Mrs. C. M. Coatsworth

3.0 out of 5 stars A pictorial listing rather than a story
I wasn't wild about these books when my little girl had this book for her 3rd birthday almost a year ago now. However they have grown on my and have definitely grown on my daughter - the Richard Scarry books she received are a hit! Until an hour ago, when Amazon parcel arrived, we had 2, 'Bedtime Stories' plus 'What do People Do all Day?' Though my daughter loves pink,...
Published on 11 Feb 2012 by Karen

4.0 out of 5 stars Cars and Trucks and Things That Go by richard scarry, 28 Aug 2007
Mrs. C. M. Coatsworth (uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book., 26 April 2013
This review is from: Cars and Trucks and Things that Go (Paperback)
My 3 year old well adjusted run of the mill son loves this book about the exploits of the pig family, dingo dog, officer flossy and goldbug. He stares at it for ages buying me precious time to write reviews of stuff on amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and informative, 11 Dec 2008
We've had this book for a year now and since it's always staying on the kitchen table we (my 2,5 year old son and me) read it at every meal time. Saying that we must have read it over 300 times by now but still going strong and no sign of boredom on my son's face yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia at it's Best, 30 Sep 2010
Stephen Bate (Leics, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cars and Trucks and Things that Go (Paperback)
I used to love this book when I was a kid, so I searched for it for my little boy who is fascinated by anything with wheels. I was delighted to see the content was unchanged, and have enjoyed reading it with him, and seeing how much I remember!
At just 18 months old he loves the book too, as there is just so much going on in every page. like all Richard Scarry books, it is imaginative and fun!
Although now only in paperback format, for this price, it is still well worth 5 stars. It if was hardback I would want to give it 6!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Cars and Trucks and Things that Go (Paperback)
I first bought this book for my son nearly 38 years ago, then it was in hardback, this one is for my grandson who is 2, so no doubt bring back lovely memories for daddy also

5.0 out of 5 stars Children's favourite, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Cars and Trucks and Things that Go (Paperback)
Richard Scarry is a genius and I bought his books for my children when they were young. Now I am buying them for my grandchildren, who love them just as much. This particular book I bought for a two-year-old boy who is potty about cars and trucks and tractors. He loves it, of course. Any Richard Scarry book is the foolproof present for toddlers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddler addicted to this book, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Cars and Trucks and Things that Go (Paperback)
My 2 year old is obsessed with this book and its Goldbug character! The illustrations are so fun so there's plenty to point out and talk about. He quotes little parts of it too and asks for it all the time. A fab buy, will definitely be looking to buy other Scarry books for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scarry book, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Cars and Trucks and Things that Go (Paperback)
Excellent, humorous detail and a nice extra game of 'looking for Goldbug' on each page. Using it with an 18- month-old grandchild - perhaps still a little young but he's very interested in different kinds of vehicles and is enjoying the many invented vehicles Scarry gives on each page. Different strands of story are developed throughout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cars and Trucks and Things that Go, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Cars and Trucks and Things that Go (Paperback)
Another gift for grandson - again, am not sure whether all presents have been opened as yet - his father used to love the Scarry books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 13 Jan 2014
This book was a favourite of my son's when he was a child in the 70's. It is engaging and funny, developing a child's powers of observation, and it also encourages interaction between parent and child as the illustrations invite comment. My son quite literally wore his copy out; he would not stir without it. I am delighted that it is still available to delight a new generation.

Cars and Trucks and Things that Go
Cars and Trucks and Things that Go by Richard Scarry (Paperback - 8 July 2010)
5.99