Published on 28 Dec 2010 by Amanda Jane O'Connor

3.0 out of 5 stars A little dissapointed
The product was delivered very quickly and very well packaged and in exactly the condition as described.
The actual content was a little disappointing and I expected a better autiobiography from such a rugby great.
Published 18 months ago by Mr. M. Wheat

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a book by someone who doesn't attack everyone in rugby, 28 Dec 2010
This review is from: Raging Bull: My Autobiography (Hardcover)
I thought this was a proper, heart-felt book by a man who didn't have axes to grind and people to denigrate. It was refreshing not to be dragged into slagging off other players. I've always liked Phil Vickery and I was so pleased that his book was a fair relfection of the man. I was fascinated by his youth in Cornwall and enjoyed the relfections on the sport going pro. I'm surprised other people reviewing here wanted more scandal - perhaps Ashley Cole's book would be a better buy for those who want their sportsmen with tempers. I liked this and I like Vickery al;l the more after reading it. a good old fasioned rugby player. the world needs more of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest and clearly a player with integrity who is in it for the right reasons, 29 Dec 2010
This review is from: Raging Bull: My Autobiography (Hardcover)
I enjoyed this straight-forward, no-nonsense auto biography, how refreshing it is. It's nice to read something that is not sensationalised and is simply a fairly modest account according to Vickery. I thought he was a player with integrity and this shines through in the book - reviewers looking for an scandal-angle may be bored and would better off reading something from the fiction list - no scandal or drugs in this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars phil vickery raging bull, 11 Dec 2010
This review is from: Raging Bull: My Autobiography (Hardcover)
Got this book last week if you a rugby fan you will love it. Its great to read how he started his carrier and progressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Raging Phil, 20 Feb 2014
Good down to earth no nonsense auto just as you would expect from a no nonsense hard man who has a close handle on his home and family life.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bull, 6 Aug 2013
I am a rugby fan and follow Gloucester. Phil is a person who has a great deal of presence and has earned a great deal of respect from lots of different people. He has won Masterchef and many other things and I came across this book on Amazon Kindle.A very good read that is easy to read and very interesting. I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book and one for the collection, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: Raging Bull: My Autobiography (Hardcover)
This is great with an easy sit down over a cup of tea type book approach,

Phil writes in a Cornish sort of a way, laid back and tells it to you as it is nice and easy.

You did a marvelous job on the field Phil and you rounded off your career with a great book for the rugby enthusiast

Thanks for both

3.0 out of 5 stars A little dissapointed, 8 Jan 2013
Mr. M. Wheat (uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Cream of cornwall, 20 Dec 2012
What a star Phil is, the boy from Bude who never forgot his roots.And although we in Gloucester benefitted from the best years of his rugby career, it can be said that there is no where in Cornwall where Phil's name is not talked about in the status of legends of sport. Phil is a genuine nice guy who has never fell in love with celebrity sports status and continues to inspire young players of all abilities in all sports to get out th there and enjoy themselves. A first class read Phil, total inspiration

5.0 out of 5 stars raging bull, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: Raging Bull: My Autobiography (Hardcover)
what a fantastic read could just read it over and over what a bloke and what a charactar a must have on any bookshelf

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 24 May 2012
I am a England Rugby fan and have read almost every book written about the 2003 World Cup Team. I have to say, I didn't find this one the most entertaining. Worth a read, but wouldn't rate it the highest.

Raging Bull: My Autobiography
Raging Bull: My Autobiography by Phil Vickery (Hardcover - 30 Sep 2010)
20.00