5.0 out of 5 stars lovely poster map
Got this for my son James who is six. Wasn't sure if he'd be interested or not but to my surprise he totally loved it. We go through a mini world tour just before he goes to sleep every night. The map is colourful, not too complicated or cluttered and easy to put up. Stickers are good too.
Published on 18 Jun. 2010 by M. Steward

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than I thought
I chose this map for my 7 yr old nephew.
The first thing that surprised me was the size. I mistakenly assumed it was over 100 cm but the dimensions given were a bit confusing.
When I measured the map, it was 90 x 60 cm, so much smaller than I expected.
Published on 7 Feb. 2011 by LadyPepa

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely poster map, 18 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Collins Children's World Map (Collins Primary Atlases) (Map)

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than I thought, 7 Feb. 2011
I chose this map for my 7 yr old nephew.
When I measured the map, it was 90 x 60 cm, so much smaller than I expected.
Amazon, can you give the actual measurements and not the measurement of the cardboard tube it's delivered in?
The map quality seems ok, thin paper, but glossy surface. The stickers are ok.
Second thing: there is a bit too much 'blue' space around the continents, so in practice the labels for cities/capitals are quite small and would be difficult to read if you put it up on a wall next to a bed/desk.
This I imagine is to allow room for the stickers, but I am not sure it's worth it as it makes it look even smaller.
My third thing was that the map shows some pictures of typical famous buildings/ places next to the continent, but somehow only managed to fit the 'Europe' bit near Greenland, which I think must be confusing for a child.
So overall, fantastic idea, but not sure about the end result.
I'm going to look at larger maps, and I'll make sure I know the dimensions first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best map for kids that I've seen, 16 Nov. 2013
I bought this for my six year old daughter and am delighted with it. The countries are clearly marked and each continent is also colour-coded so it's easy for children to learn which continent a country belongs to. This was particularly helpful with Africa, which my daughter thought was a country but now understands that it is a continent made up of several countries.

Some reviewers have been disappointed that it's smaller than they thought it would be, but I think this is a plus - it's not tiny, it's just a nice easy size for the children to learn from.

What was a surprise to me was the fact that my three year old daughter also loves it and in the space of a few short weeks has learnt the location and names of so many countries. We put it on the wall next to the table where they eat their meals so they can look at it every mealtime and at least once a day we point out somewhere on the map.

It is bright, colourful, easy to read and learn from and the kids love it - what more could you want? I am now looking for a similar map of the UK so they can learn more about the counties in their own country.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic map, 13 Aug. 2010
This is great, my little boy loves it! He had been asking about the world and i thought i would purchase this for him. He has learnt lots of countries within days of recieving it and the stickers are excellent too. He is learning the flags, animal origins etc. Stickers are a good idea as he likes them a lot.An ideal introduction to our planet and first learning tool for little ones!

4.0 out of 5 stars My 5 year old son loves this map, 8 April 2013
Lovely clear map with enough detail to keep young minds active and interested in learning some geography!
My son loves this map and has it on his wall next to his bed so that he can look at it each night.
The map is of a good size with clear writing and nice pictures.
Not sure how useful the stickers are because if th they are stuck onto the map they will obscure other countries etc. I think we will save them for use in future homework projects.
The paper this is printed on seems quite thin so I've held back a star because of this, not sure how long this will last if repositioned a couple of times over next couple of years but for the price this is superb! Very happy with it and very quick delivery, would definitely use this seller again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and easy to read, 11 Sept. 2010
B. Vallis (UK) - See all my reviews
Fine map. Comes with a page of stickers of things connected with different parts of the world & a few flags - a bit random, really, but fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous quality map and so cheap!, 1 Nov. 2010
I expected less of this map but was very pleasantly surprised. The paper is of good quality and the stickers are a great idea - the kids have had loads of fun choosing a sticker then finding out where in the world it relates to. Highly recommended, more fun than a happy meal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Map, 4 April 2013
As part of our project 'where we live' this map has been used a lot. The children are very interested in our country and how far away other countries are in relation

5.0 out of 5 stars Collins Children's World Map: with FREE stickers, 7 Jun. 2012
J. burnham - See all my reviews
This was one of several posters we purchased through Amazon for the grandchildren. The posters create a lot of conversation and we were really pleased with the quality and size of the posters. Good educational value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but needs smaller stickers, 24 May 2011
We bought this for our 6yr old and it's great. The actual poster is a good size, the type and colours make it easy to see and read the words. Each country is a different shade within a continent's colour-theme which is a great learning tool. Our only gripe is the size and designation of the stickers. For instance, France, Italy and UK all have at least 3 stickers pertaining to the country, yet the stickers are larger than the country! In fact, one sticker would nearly cover all of Europe, let alone fitting these 9 stickers onto their appropriate countries. If you're not as pedantic as us, you and your child will love this map more than we do.

Collins Children's World Map (Collins Primary Atlases)
Collins Children's World Map (Collins Primary Atlases) by Collins Maps (Map - 29 April 2010)