4.0 out of 5 stars Would you like to meet with your Life?
"The Time of My Life" by Cecelia Ahern who became famous by her worldwide success novel "P.S. I Love You" is fun read, beginning somber but still interwoven with humoristic scenes which recall us about the need to take some time once in a while for ourselves and try to focus on our life.

The novel's main character woman named Lucy Silchester who...
Published 7 months ago by Denis Vukosav

3.0 out of 5 stars What would you say to your life?
Published on 13 Oct 2011 by Leah Graham

4.0 out of 5 stars Would you like to meet with your Life?, 15 May 2014
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Paperback)

The novel's main character woman named Lucy Silchester who lives in a small apartment with her cat, has life with which she isn't satisfied with - she goes to job she doesn't like, she helps her friends all the time, she performs countless activities with which she filled every part of her day, and in all this there is no place at all for her...
She created life of numerous lies to keep people asking questions but slowly people around her are starting to doubt her honesty.
Her life being a complete mess, she couldn't decide to slow down a bit and think about it, find some way who to make things better.

But it would appear there is hope that her life can be saved, in the form of an unusual man who appeared before her and who will follow her closely everywhere since the first time she will see him.
And slowly the things would start changing for the better...

An idea that is at the heart of this novel, that Life is personified in the physical form of some character, certainly is original.
That way all those who still care about you, most important yourself, would be able to help you (again) getting along with it, gradually beginning to work together, fixing everything that can still be fixed..

Although it may seem that Lucy is an annoying character that doesn't deserve new chance due to her lifestyle, and all those bad habits she has, mostly her lies that she is saying all the time to everyone.
But actually there are lots of people around us who live their lives in that way, not having the strength to tackle their problems or simply because it seems to them that it's easier that way than explaining long their actions or feelings.

What happened to main character it's exactly the message of this novel - everyone should take some time and think about which direction her/his life is going, and ask ourselves do we have any control over it at all.
And if we don't have, we should try to go back to the driver's seat, because not everyone will be as lucky as Lucy to have fate to help us.

"The Time of My Life" was an entertaining read with which author didn't move far away from themes that made her famous, although she wrote a novel that you'll love to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 14 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Hardcover)
Cecelia Ahern has done it again....Another fabulous read. I loved this book from the very start , I could imagine what the characters looked like , I often felt as if I was Lucy Silchester as got so into the book. I didn't want to give this book 5 stars wanted to give it TEN !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another unputdownable!, 14 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Hardcover)
I've been a fan of Cecelia Ahern since I picked up PS I Love You, and I love how she takes ordinary days and makes them into something magical with a little bit of imagination and a lot of flair! Lucy is a character you can really relate to, and the tidal waves of humour and wit throughout, making The Time of my Life such an enjoyable read. Although I do prefer Ahern's other books like The Gift and If you can See me Now, I would still recommend this read 100% :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fantastic Book by Cecelia, 19 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Hardcover)
First of all I want to say a huge thank you to Harper Collins UK for sending me a review copy of this book. I was so over-excited when I received this for review, Cecelia Ahern is my all time favourite author and her first debut book PS, I Love You was the first novel I ever read and loved and it was the book that made me fall in love with reading. Since then I have read every book she has ever written and loved all of them. This one is one of my top-favourites of them all, right along with PS, I Love You. I absolutely adore this book and I will read it again and again.

Lucy has become out of touch with her life, she hates her job, she hates meeting up with her family and friends and she would much rather stay home in her box-room apartment alone with her cat. Ever since the love of her life left her to go travelling and make his own show it's like Lucy's life is on hold. Then she actually meets her life. He is there to help her make the right decisions, stop lying to her friends and family and find happiness in the truth, after all the truth will set you free.

I absolutely loved this book. I found it a little strange at first with the whole meeting someone who is your life. How can your life be a person? But then each of Cecelia's novels have a touch of magic in them but just a little so it is still a realistic book.
If anything this book is inspiration to anyone who has made a wrong decision and doesn't know how to put it right, for anyone who has been left by someone they love and don't know how to go on and for people who are at a standstill in their life and don't know how to get out of their rut. Cecelia shows that you CAN still go on, nothing is impossible and you just have to tell the truth to those around you who love you and they can help.

There really isn't a bad word I can say about this book. It's definitely an inspirational story and shows no matter what is wrong in your life and no matter what struggles you face you can get through it. I loved the character, Cecelia has a great gift of writing the most amazing characters and Lucy is one of those. She's the character you can empathise with, you can see what she is going through you can feel everything she feels whether it is love, fear, sadness or happiness.

I am so glad I got this for review and it has made me realise again how much I love Cecelia's books, her writing is exceptional and just draws you in no matter how strange the story may seem. She makes you fall in love with her characters and the storyline. All of her book are ones I will read again and again. Another amazing book by an exceptional author and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Time of MY Life, 19 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Hardcover)
Yet another charmingly witty write from Cecelia Ahern. This may sound bias but after reading The Book of Tomorrow I was really excited to get my hands on this one.

At first I didn't know what to make of it as it seemed a little ridiculous with a slight production of lost hope for those who suffer with a lack of imagination. However two chapters in and I was hooked not wanting to put the book down. Wondering what mishaps would take place next and how they would be made good throughout the story by Lucy and her `Life'.

In a way I guess the reader whoever you are including myself can identify with Lucy. She had EVERYTHING and then lost it all. The story slightly holds back on information that would be quite useful to understand what is going on but as you progress through the chapters it may seem that such information may render unnecessary if it was given. There was a general feeling that `all will fall into place' at the end.

If there was anything bad that had to be said about this book it would be the cover of the book - based on the magical writing the cover left much to be desired.

The writing is very playful and draws you into the life and soul of Lucy Silchester and her `Life'. At no point did I think `I cannot be bothered to read this. Imaginative, Magical, Fun and EXCITING.

As I mentioned at the beginning yet another charming and witty read.

Pages: 371

Read: ARC from Publisher

3.0 out of 5 stars What would you say to your life?, 13 Oct 2011
Leah Graham (Tenerife) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Hardcover)
The Time of my Life is an interesting novel. I found it hard to really "feel" the novel as Lucy is one of those heroines you love to hate and when you write a book you want your heroine to make her mark and although Lucy did make her mark, it wasn't necessarily a good one and I found it hard to really root for her. I get that she's like that - after all, if she was lovely and warm and witty and inviting, then she wouldn't NEED to meet her Life. She wouldn't need Life's help to make her life better than it is. So although I did get that Lucy needed to be a bit unlikeable, it still didn't really help. I want a heroine I can root for and although I tried my hardest to root for Lucy, at times she just seemed beyond help and I wanted to slap her; to tell her to grow up.

The plot, however, is fantastic. I love the idea that if your life isn't as good as it should be then you'll get an appointment with your Life. I mean, that's so awesome and inventive and, well, I loved Cosmo. (Cosmo is Lucy's Life, that's what she/he decided on for a name.) I liked that Cosmo didn't just let Lucy get away with the lies she told and that he called her up on the way she lived her life. I liked how he was there for her and wanted to help her and to make her be more than she could be. The plot very much kept me reading, and I also liked the addition of Lucy's wrong number man whom she ends up talking to after dialling a wrong number. Both Cosmo (I love that name) and Don (the wrong number man) help with Lucy's edginess and the excellent plot kept me reading. If the novel had been solely about Lucy, I'd have given up long ago, but the plot and the secondary characters kept the novel going very well.

As you might already have realised, Lucy wasn't my favourite ever character. Her family didn't help; the Silchester's were quite horrible people, with the exception of her mother and brothers, and they'd definitely helped to shape her into the edgy, somewhat bitter person she became. I could understand her hesitance to change her life and trust Cosmo, but on the other hand, I just wanted her to embrace everything for once instead of trying to fight it. She does redeem herself somewhat and she isn't always awful, but it's hard to get over the first impressions I had of her; I want to be taken in by a character from page one, not feel as if I'm somehow imposing on her life. The secondary characters were brilliant and I really liked Cosmo and Don and Lucy's friends.

The Time of my Life is definitely a bit different to Cecelia's other novels. It was enjoyable enough and in the end, I warmed to Lucy. However first impressions of her are hard to bypass and I feel a lot of people will take an instant dislike to her. But she's worth persevering with. I mean it's Cecelia Ahern. She's always worth reading and although it wasn't quite on par with The Book of Tomorrow (which was ridiculously, insanely good) I still liked it. It was far from perfect and despite enjoying the plot, it was indeed a sharper read than I expected. I'd definitely recommend the book - of course I would, Cecelia Ahern could write a computer manual and I'd still recommend it - and it's definitely a book I'd read again. It's definitely a book I'm going to try and get a finished copy of (I know, I'm a sucker for a beautiful book). Cecelia's writing is as on top as ever, and I can't wait for what she comes up with next and I'm fairly sure this will be as big a bestseller as her other novels.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS BOOK, 29 Aug 2014
I LOVE THIS BOOK! When Cecelia Ahern writes it is so vivid the characters literally come to life in your head and this book did exactly that! I literally fell in love with all the characters, it made me smile insanely and cry and smile more and i did not want it to end, a truly beautiful story and feel good factor, chick flick in book variety :)

2.0 out of 5 stars A struggle, 7 Sep 2013
Persevered with this to give it a fair chance but really didn't get it - it was rambling and seemed self indulgent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring!, 8 May 2013
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Paperback)
I bought this book because I have read and loved all previous books by Cecilia Ahern but this one, to say the least, was a dissapointment. I actually did the unthinkable on this one; half way through, I stopped reading it alltogether and I've never done this before for any book. I started by skipping a page or the odd chapter, trying to find something interesting or believable to latch on but to no avail. I found the notion of meeting your own life and at that, your life coming in the shape of a man when you are a woman, quite preposterous. Also, the whole thing was very samey in relation to some of the author's other books. I found it had nothing new to offer. I really hope this is a momentary setback for Cecilia - I am sure she still has a lot to offer to her readers and for the sake of all the wonderful reads I have enjoyed from her in the past, I will overlook this specific book and definitely try her next novel.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great., 7 April 2013
I started reading this book after her "If you could see me now."; I've read all of her other books and loved them and had really enjoyed "If you could see me now". However I was very disappointed with this book. I found the main character very hard to like and the story difficult to follow. The book in all is very different from any of her previous works, this is not to say that the difference is a bad thing; however I personally believe that her other works are by far better.

The Time of My Life
The Time of My Life by Cecelia Ahern (Hardcover - 13 Oct 2011)
Used & New from: £0.01