5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and Simple
Published on 2 Aug 2010 by tangles

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete it isn't
Fine if all you want to learn are phrases such as "which way to the airport?" or "can I have a room with a bath, please?" but if you really want to learn to speak the language, best look elsewhere. Also, the somewhat patronizing explanations in English about 'what we are going to learn next' make repeat listenings tedious. Fine as a prep for a Saga holiday in Venice. Nuf...
Published on 16 Aug 2011 by dayajit

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and Simple, 2 Aug 2010
This review is from: Complete Italian (Stages 1 and 2) Box Set (Collins Easy Learning Audio Course) (Audio CD)
The audio is clear and crisp so that you can hear every sound, which is very important if you are listening without the booklet. Explanations are also clear and easy to understand. Have got half way through the course very quickly, so am very pleased and feel confident I could use what I have picked up so far, but am aiming to have worked through the whole course before my next trip to Italy. Wish I'd done this course earlier!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Aug 2011
This is really worth buying, I have bought many different CDs, DVDs to be honest they have all been a complete waste of time, but this is the one is brilliant. Excellent for listening to in the car. It has really good explanations in order to try and remember them. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Learn Italian, 4 July 2012
I have not listened to the CD very much yet but have found it is easy to follow. I hope by the time I go to Venice I will be able to speak simple phrases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellente!, 2 May 2012
I have very little Italian Language, this has helped me to improve and correct my early pronunciation mistakes. The methodology behind this course makes it much easier to learn the language. I would recommend it to anybody who wants to learn or improve their Italian.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Italian, 19 April 2012
Easy Italian think this is great as its simple and easy to learn, even my 3 year old is able to learn listing to this :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Seemed really easy to start understanding Italian after a few lessons, 3 Jun 2014
We bought this in preparation for a 2 1/2 week holiday driving to Italy. I like to have a little understanding of a language before visiting a country, just in case. After a little research I plumped for this one and was pleased that I did.

This course seemed really easy to pick up from. I've used different courses for other languages and found some to be either dull and / or difficult to follow but this Collins one was very good in comparison.

Listening and repeating from the CD driving to and from work, and checking the odd bits in the booklet worked for me.

This course contains two parts ,one and two. Part one would probably have been enough and I didn't complete the second course as I'd got to the "chatting up in a bar" parts which were not really relevant to me (but they may be to others of course).

If I was going on another holiday where I felt the need to pick up a little of the language I would definitely buy the relevant Collins guide again.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 25 Nov 2013
really really really really really good... is perfect, really helpful, I complete recommend it, is helping me a lot, I hope to pick some...

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic introductions, 19 Nov 2013
For someone who knew about three words in Italian this is a good introduction. I keep the CDs in the car and read the text in the evenings. It doesn't seem to meet everyday occasions for the holidaymaker, but most of the chapters can be adapted. For instance, the section on asking for a hotel room can be adapted to ask to change the one you already have if need be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Learning Guide, 13 Aug 2013
Excellent product, concise and to the point. Teaches you the Italian you need to know to be able to converse. Lessons are short so can be fitted in to busy daily lives.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy learning, 10 Aug 2013
Easy to use. Clear explanations and takes you step by small step. Well thought through for individual learning at home.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Complete Italian (Stages 1 and 2) Box Set (Collins Easy Learning Audio Course)
Used & New from: 84.43