Format: Paperback|Change

Sorry, but I have to disagree with many reviewers posted here! I always grab anything written by Faye Kellerman, and have never been disappointed by her books. This one was no exception and is another fantastic book in the series featuring Pete Decker, Rina Lazarus and their respective families; continuing the tradition in the best way.

Billionaire, Guy Kaffee and his wife are murdered in a particularly brutal attack - and their eldest son, Gil, is left for dead. The two guards at the entrance to the estate are also dead, and the two meant to be guarding the house are missing. Who could be responsible? What could their motives be? Pete Decker is determined to find out! Before long, a connection to a large `gang' group becomes clear, and Pete is worried as to how the case may affect the family.

In the meantime, Rina has been called for Jury duty, where she encounters an unusual character - nicknamed by the jurors as `smiling Tom' due to a vague resemblance to Tom Cruise. Who exactly is he, and how will he connect with the mystery?

This will appeal to anyone who likes the books of Kathy Reichs and Patricia Cornwell. It is well worth adding to the holiday pile, and is a `must read' for anyone who has already read and enjoyed previous books in the series; read and enjoy!

My only query is: - what happened to Marge's adopted daughter? She hasn't been mentioned in this book!
on 3 September 2014
Book 18 in the Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus series. Whilst each of the books deals with a separate case I strongly recommend that they be read in order as as well as the crimes themselves the books predictably follow family life in the Decker/Lazarus household, the earlier ones in particular dealing with Peter's journey into orthodox Judaism after he discovers his birth parents were Jewish.

Still not quite on track after what I felt was the somewhat disappointing Cold Case (Book 17 in the series).

Whilst there is much to recommend Blindman's Bluff - Rina, their daughter (Hannah) and extended family members played more of a part, there was more of the Jewish element (I loved the baking of the challah bread) and the inclusion of a blind man (a potential witness Rina meets whilst doing Jury Service) tied in nicely adding an interesting aspect to the plot - I'm afraid the crime aspect of the novel was mediocre.

Way too many characters - made even more confusing by the fact that someone in the billionaire Kaffey family was obviously partial to names beginning with the letter G - the list of suspects with criminal records and/or gang connections (gangbangers, which by the way means a whole other thing in England, play a huge part) seemed never ending, the plot itself convoluted.

Copyright: Tracy Terry @ Pen and Paper.
on 28 November 2015
This had promising beginnings but like others I felt that there were way too many characters. The ending was very predictable and therefore unexciting & it seemed like the author was rushing through the loose ends, tying them up pretty unsatisfactorily. I have read through this series in order and felt this one was rather disappointing. I am also rather fed up with hearing yet again about the main characters' apparel in each and every book....after a while it simply doesn't contribute at all to giving the reader insight into the person or the crime story itself. I probably need a break from Peter and Rina stories !.
on 8 November 2009
I promised myself not buy by another Faye Kellerman book after the last one...so what did I do...I bought this one! Silly me, I guess I was hoping that it might be better than the last book but no... It really is not a good book, it's boring, predictable and just a stupid story. This is it for me, no more books from Faye Kellerman, just a waste of money.
on 9 August 2013
Good value, have read nearly all Faye Kellerman's books now and will keep going, ordering fore the kindle in future.
on 9 July 2010
Where do I begin? I am amazed that something of such poor quality was ever allowed to go to print! For starters, the Decker & related characters are old news, way past their sell by date. The conversation within the Decker family is so corny and amateurish that it borders on the ridiculous! I cringe when I read the goody, goody lines. No one talks like that! While the plot was passable, its intricacies were muddled, its characters far too many and it basically lost its way.
There was a line in there about time being a fluid concept(which I liked) but it was used twice! By two different characters with different backgrounds! I was stupefied! That is very poor indeed, sheer amateurism!
The end seemed like it was hastily put together. All these possibilities and then, BANG, let's pick this one!
I should have trusted myself after her last book and not read another one of her books! Stick to her husband!
on 4 March 2016
Another excellent Kellerman novel.
on 21 February 2015
Love all of her books
on 12 February 2010
Faye has excelled herself with this book - could not put it down until I had read it all.
on 24 March 2010
I have read all Faye's books and this is not an exception. She and her husband are my favorite authors and I cannot wait for their new books to be published.