5.0 out of 5 stars I Heart Lindsey Kelk!
I just love Lindsey Kelk's writing. She has a very funny way of putting characters across and Angela Clark is a perfect example of that. The I Heart series started with I Heart New York, followed by I Heart Hollywood and then I Heart Paris. Her latest release I Heart Vegas features Angel and her pals as she seems to get herself in a pickle.

The first I Heart...
Published on 23 Dec. 2011 by Best Crime Books

3.0 out of 5 stars It was alright...
Published on 13 Jan. 2012 by Tinkerbell

5.0 out of 5 stars I Heart Lindsey Kelk!, 23 Dec. 2011
Best Crime Books "Best Crime Books" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I Heart Vegas (Paperback)

The first I Heart Book I read I enjoyed but wasn't overly in love with. Fast forward to today, the day I completed I Heart Vegas and you will find a woman that is slightly in love with Angela Clarke, and wants her very own Angela for Christmas!!!

For people who haven't read previous books in the series, it doesn't matter you could still pick this book up and read it no worries. But if like me you want to get to know the characters and the story behind Angela ending up in New York then start at the beginning of the series.

By this point in Angela's life she is living in New York with her boyfriend Alex and things are going swimmingly. There is however one sticking point, and a rather major one at that. Angela's visa has expired and as she's no longer working it's a bit of a problem. The first few chapters of the book were amusing but not rip roaringly funny, but it was fun to see Angela get herself into all sorts of trouble (as usual) while she tries desperately to appear as if everything is okay to Alex. When her friend Jenny decides that a weekend trip to Vegas is the way to cheer them up, she has no idea what will end up happening.

At this point in the book the humour goes from amusing, to cringe-worthy embarrassment but laugh out loud funny. Angela's friend Jenny is a rude, brash and very outgoing sort of girl and the two of them together get themselves into some very awkward situations. The theme behinds the whole story makes for great reading and although Angela is a hopeless case you can't help wishing that everything works out okay for her.

By the last part of the book I literally couldn't put it down and just had to go right through to the end. This sort of read is classic chick lit. The mix of two girls on a crazy weekend in Vegas, especially with the stunts they manage to pull off as well as the romance behind the story made for a fabulous read and possibly the best in the I Heart series.

The only downside is that I have to wait impatiently for the next instalment some time next year entitled I Heart London.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was alright..., 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: I Heart Vegas (Kindle Edition)
Having read, and mostly enjoyed all the others in this series, I have been left a bit disappointed with this one. I heart Paris was fab, so I was really looking forward to the next installment in Vegas. I agree with the other reviewer about not liking Jenny too much this time, but I also had a problem with our leading lady, Angela. This time I acutally found her quite dull - always going on about 'flashing her knickers' and being just gernerally quite whingey. Because of this one dimensional view of Angela, I also felt that the relationship between her and Alex was pretty unbelievable this time. I mean, just what exactly does he see in her? She brings nothing to the party! Ok, maybe some cool clothes but that's about it. The ending was good, and I will probably read i heart London at some point, but I won't be in a rush to do so. x

5.0 out of 5 stars What happens in vegas..., 19 Dec. 2011
This review is from: I Heart Vegas (Kindle Edition)
After reading the first 3 books in close concession I think I didn't fully appreciate how amazing these books are. After reading 'I Heart Vegas', I can confirm that kelk is one of my new favourite authors.

Angela is a girl that everyone can relate to in a way. Yes some of the scenarios could only be fiction but her clumsy nature and her English attitude really related to me. She argues like I would argue, she breaks her phones, she speaks when she shouldn't - and says the wrong thing and she struggles with things that we all have trouble with.

The book itself is hilarious - I laughed out loud on many occasions and it does remind me of some of Sophia Kinsella's early work. It is a book you can read in just a few days with pages that turn themselves as there is nothing short of drama from beginning to end. I recommend reading the whole series instead of just picking up this book as it does flow a lot better when you have some background knowledge.

Overall it is a definite page turner, perfect for Christmas. It is a book that leaves you feeling happy inside and insanely jealous of Jenny (her best friend) & I cannot wait for the next book 'I Heart London'...

5.0 out of 5 stars LMFAO!, 8 Dec. 2011
E. Cunningham - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Heart Vegas (Kindle Edition)
This has to be the funniest book so far. From the very first page I was laughing. The funniest part had to be what Angela thought the Twilight guys should really be doing. I couldn't stop laughing at that. I love Angela as a character because she is so real. The ending was perfect and I'm really looking forward to I Heart London!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Heart Vegas I do, I do, I do!!!, 28 Dec. 2011
realovesbooks (South east London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I Heart Vegas (Paperback)
Ok for any of you who find the word beginning with C associated with women's fiction books close your eyes now!! This series has to be one of the best Chick Lit series I have ever read! I even go as far as to say I prefer the I Heart series to the Shopaholic series as the characters seem a little more down to earth.

I Heart Vegas is Lindsey Kelks latest release and it really doesn't disappoint. If you are an I Heart fan then this book should be the next on your to be read list. Angela is back and has found herself yet again in an impossibly difficult situation this time involving a letter informing her that she needs a visa or she is heading back to England. After reading the previous I Heart series we have become familiar with Angela's character and so when we read this bit of news we know that this is going to get very messy and of course very funny but at Angela's expense!

I found that Angela's best friend Jenny, was featured a lot more in this book and it is no secret after reading my previous reviews that she is one of my favourite chick-lit characters. Her character was able to grow a little more in this book and as usual she brought the humour above and beyond the previous books. We also see alot more of Alex in this book and I enjoyed seeing a little more of Angela and Alex's relationship without the rollercoaster ride they are usually on.

There was always something going on in I Heart Vegas and I found that it flowed a comfortable pace. I would definitely recommend you pick up this book to see where Angela's adventures are taking her next!

I am eagerly awaiting Lindsay Kelk's new book which is due out next year as I think I am going to feel right at home with this one judging by the title I Heart London!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars as if i could be any more jealous of angela ...., 21 Dec. 2011
This review is from: I Heart Vegas (Paperback)
I've followed angela's adventures from I heart New York ... and well i haven't put the series down. they are regualarly picked up and brighten my day when academic reading is getting me down.

I recommend all of lindsey kelk's books because well im a mild stalker fan ... she releases a book, i have to buy, get overly excited and recommend it to everyone i know !! But I heart vegas made me weep with joy, laugh and kinda wish i was ivited to vegas with them ... and perhaps shacked up with alex.

So read it! don't even think about it, just read it. it is completely worth it and will be one you will never want to put down.

Now all that i needed is for I Heart London to come out ... oh and for me to find my alex :)

5.0 out of 5 stars TOTES AMAZE!, 10 Dec. 2011
This review is from: I Heart Vegas (Paperback)
This series is absolutely fantastic and it just keeps getting better and better. I heart Vegas is NOT forgettable chick lit-Lindsay Kelk's writing is so much better than that. The book is quality on so many levels, the characters are fully developed and the situations they get themselves in our fully relatable to the readers. The writing is witty and smart and I can promise you will not be disappointed! Buy this book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Heart - I Heart Vegas, 30 Dec. 2011
This review is from: I Heart Vegas (Paperback)
Once again Lindsey Kelk has produced an amazing read! When this first arrived through my letter box I could not wait to get reading but I knew I would read it super quick so I made myself wait and also made myself read it in more than one sitting so as to prolong the end of another journey for Angela, I have to say I think this was my favourite of the I heart series and I really fell in love with Alex this time round and I can now see the attration that Angela has to him. I love reading about all of Angelas adventures and I always feel like I am there with her. I now cant wait for I Heart London to land on my door mat.

4.0 out of 5 stars A cute funny read, 5 April 2012
This review is from: I Heart Vegas (Paperback)
Lindsey Kelk's books have quickly become my guilty pleasures, her books just like Meg Cabot's and Sophie Kinsella's I know I can turn to when I need a quick pick me up; they easily bring a smile to my face and they're the perfect comfort reads. I've been glued to Angela's adventures ever since she ran away from London 18 months ago in I Heart New York. Each time I'm about to start a new book there's always a nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach, worried about what she will get up to this time. You always kind of know Angela's going to mess something up somehow or cause some sort of controversy, but then there's always the fun and laughter along the way which makes up for Angela being a total nutter. (A good nutter!)

I Heart Vegas kicks off with Angela receiving a letter from the immigration and naturalisation service's revoking her visa; she has 30 days to obtain another visa and if she doesn't she will be forced to leave the country. So who does Angela turn to in her times of need? Her best friend Jenny Lopez, Jenny can't believe that Angela has over looked the easiest possible way of staying in America just marry her boyfriend Alex of course! But Angela's not too sure, as she doesn't want to marry Alex because it's a convenience but because they love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together. So she has 30 days to hatch a plan to get any of the other visa's possible otherwise her big American's dream over, her relationship with Alex will be over and she will be forced to leave America, which has become her home for the last year and a half and go back to her old life with her mum constantly fussing over her.

I've always had a topsy turvy relationship with this series. I didn't really enjoy the first book; I Heart New York but decided to soldier along, the second book I Heart Hollywood was amazing and I thought if the series continued this way; this would probably end up being one of my favourite series. But then came along I Heart Paris which sadly wasn't all that either. I was definitely considering giving up this series but decided to give it one more shot, and I'm glad I did because I Heart Vegas has to be my favourite book of the series so far. It was fun, full of an impromptu visit to Vegas, scandalous goings on, about misjudging people and Angela royally messing up as usual, but I never laughed so much in a long time!

"I knew he wanted me with
him - he'd said it over and over - but there was no
mention of making it official. We shared an apartment.
we shared a love of pineapple on pizza. We shared a
razor, even though he didn't know that"

The only thing that miffed me was Angela's communication problems, it took forever for Angela to tell Alex about her situation, I found myself constantly wanting to throttle her to get her act together.
This book was also full of the clichedness you would expect. At first it was a little unbearable, but then as you got more engrossed with the plot, you kind of get used to overlooking it. Also there was some predictability to the plot, for instance you could guess what would happen at the end, but then there were other aspects which caught me completely by surprise and so sort of made up for the predictableness side of things.

I Heart Vegas was just the sort of book I needed, after finishing a couple of intense books. It was a light, easy going, funny read. I hadn't realised how much I missed Angela and Jenny's adventures until I picked up this book. I look forward to more of Angela's Shenanigans in I Heart London.

Favourite quote:

"All I could think about was weddings. A
trip around the supermarket turned into a trial for
the aisle. Every song on my iPod was a contender
for the first dance. Every time Alex reached into his
coat pocket, my heart stopped - phone or ring? Phone
or ring? Quite often it was chap stick what a girl."

2.0 out of 5 stars boring and predictable!, 15 Mar. 2012
This review is from: I Heart Vegas (Paperback)
I've read all the I Heart books and found Vegas to be exactly what my review title says!!
In this book,Angela is childish and annoying, oh and in need of a AA meeting.Seriously,most of us like a drink and retail therapy now and again but I was sick of reading about designer name dropping and how p*ssed Angela and Jenny get! What the hell does Alex see in her?? let's hope Angela has had a good kick up the bum in I Heart London!!

I Heart Vegas
I Heart Vegas by Lindsey Kelk (Paperback - 8 Dec. 2011)